Lightweight Luggage?

High C's

Okay, I know this isn't a "fashion" question. But I need help. Can anyone recommend a good case that is light weight?

I have a very good set of luggage, but the case weighs a ton before I add anything to it!

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Because of the new emphasis on enforcement of overweight luggage fines, I've noticed that a lot of top manufacturers have come out with lightweight lines. I'm sure any of those would be fine (e.g., TravelPro, Samsonite, American Tourister). I had Skyway luggage for years (got a set as a graduation present from college and kept them for 15 years), but they were heavy as anything. I have a lightweight set from TravelPro now, and they seem to be wearing okay so far...

I bought a very discounted lightweight Victorinox suitcase for my most recent cruise (needed another ROOMY suitcase but didn't want to pay a lot) -- it was much cheaper than my TravelPro luggage. I did notice that the wheels, zips, and pull handles do not seem to be as sturdy, however, I had no problems with it on the trip.

I just bought one new suitcase from Swiss Army and it's the lightest I've ever seen. Plus there are lots of little places to tuck things, and they actually put little shoe carriers that snap out of the bag.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into all of the lines suggested.

You know, its hard enough to "pack light" without having to take into consideration the weight of the case:rolleyes:

Happy trails!

Archived