14-NIGHT IBERIAN EXPLORER MS Rotterdam September 13, 2014

Impreza555

I will have first cruise in my life, so naturally that I have plenty of questions:

1) when to buy tickets? It's better to do it now or to wait while it became cheaper (aprx. 2 week until journey)?

2) What age ppl is cruising usually? I'm 33 years old.

3) There is any chance to be solo traveler and not to pay for cabin as for two persons?

4) alcohol bought in the ports is not allowed in the ship and how security is checking it?

5)what is most busy hours in the Lido restaurant? for example for me convenient time for breakfast is at 11:00. Lunch 16:00.

6) I hope it's not allowed to smoke in the cabins? (I'm smoker).

Thanks in advance!:)

I will have first cruise in my life, so naturally that I have plenty of questions:

1) when to buy tickets? It's better to do it now or to wait while it became cheaper (aprx. 2 week until journey)? What sort of tickets? Airline?

2) What age ppl is cruising usually? I'm 33 years old. I would expect the crowd to be older on this cruise.

3) There is any chance to be solo traveler and not to pay for cabin as for two persons? Unlikely, but better for others to comment on this.

4) alcohol bought in the ports is not allowed in the ship and how security is checking it? Pretty strictly

5)what is most busy hours in the Lido restaurant? for example for me convenient time for breakfast is at 11:00. Lunch 16:00. Breakfast commonly ends at 10 or 10:30, and lunch begins at 11 or 11:30. Main lunch is usually winding down by 2pm, but some food will be available. How busy it might be varies daily.

6) I hope it's not allowed to smoke in the cabins? (I'm smoker). No smoking in cabins.

Thanks in advance!:)

See comments above.

1) when to buy tickets? It's better to do it now or to wait while it became cheaper (aprx. 2 week until journey)? What sort of tickets? Airline?

Tickets for cruise.

My thinking is you should be buying both airline and cruise tickets now.

Sign up to get offer emails from Holland America using the form on their site. They have been running sales for cruises around the time you wish to sail.

is it always full board? or happens that only partially board filled with passengers?

It will depend on the cruise and the category of stateroom. Sometimes the fare for inside or ocean view staterooms is less than double. Balcony / Veranda stateroom fares almost always double.