C&A on sailing solo in a cabin made for more than 1

mommykim

I just spent WAY too much time on hold with C&A to get what I think is possibly a wrong answer. According to the person I spoke with if you sail on ANY RCI cruise ship and pay for any cabin not identified as a solo cabin you get 2 credits a day no matter which ship you are on including the Quantum. My question is does that seem right to you? I thought Quantum (and possibly Oasis and Allure) were excluded. I should have come here to ask first.

I just spent WAY too much time on hold with C&A to get what I think is possibly a wrong answer. According to the person I spoke with if you sail on ANY RCI cruise ship and pay for any cabin not identified as a solo cabin you get 2 credits a day no matter which ship you are on including the Quantum. My question is does that seem right to you? I thought Quantum (and possibly Oasis and Allure) were excluded. I should have come here to ask first.

What you were by RCI C&A is correct. The following is stated on RCCL's website under C&A benefits in footnote #12. It does not state that Quantum, Oasis and or Allure are excluded. However you only get 1 credit per day if booked in a SI Category Studio Cabin on the Quantum or any other ship that has this category.

"Singles paying 200% are entitled to full face value. Prices vary by ship and sail dates; space is subject to availability at the time of making your reservation. Please call or have your travel agent call our exclusive precruise number at (888) 437-1953 to answer additional questions or to make arrangements."

Kim - you should have called me! I wouldn't have put you on hold and would have given you the right answer!

The only thing you have to be careful of is the cabin category you book. The SI and SB categories only give you one point per night. I'm only getting one point when I sail the Quantum in an SB cabin in Jan, but for the price I paid, I don't really care.

The crazy thing about the SI category on the radiance class ships is that initially they are priced higher than a regular inside for two people, so it makes no sense to book an SI cabin for more money, half the points, and 2/3 the cabin size. My take on these cabins is that they initially price them high knowing they won't sell but hoping that the prices of inside cabins will increase to a point where the SI cabin becomes an attractive financial choice. This means that these SI cabins have a longer availability and don't sell out the moment the bookings open. I know you got a great deal on an SI cabin on the Serenade, but that was after final payment. After final the SI cabin was attractively priced to sell, and it did.

The SB cabins are another story on Quantum and Anthem. For Quantum these cabins were grabbed immediately by C&A members and they were basically gone before bookings opened to the public.

I'm not aware of any exclusions for the Quantum, Allure, or Oasis that are specific to solo cruisers. This could be a question for Merion Mom on the main RCL board. As far as reaching 340 points so you can book at 150%, the exclusions are currently Ocean Voyage packages, Christmas and New Years, and

July and August.

You don't have to pay 200% to get the double points. Also, if staying in JS or above, you get 3 points. Many posts on the RCCL board about this. Don't worry, find the best deal you can.

From C&A: 14 One Cruise Point for each completed night of sailing and an extra Cruise Point per night when you purchase and sail in suite accommodations (categories RL, RS, PS, SL, TS, A1, A2, A3, CL, OS, FS, GS, JS) and/or sail in any category and pay a single pricing type for double occupancy staterooms. All other rates including Travel Agent rates, as well category SI and SB, are excluded from single price type extra point promotion. Cruisetours are included as an additional night per each day on the cruise tour. Points will be awarded by rate paid not rate berthed, for example, in the instance of an upgrade from an outside to a suite category.

Edited by nonnie&dgd
Added C&A info