Platinum Wash and Fold benefit?

Herby

Am I reading the benefits correctly that for platinum you get 3 backs of complimentary wash and fold on a 7 day cruise? I thought someone said it was unlimited but that is not how I read it.

Herb

Am I reading the benefits correctly that for platinum you get 3 backs of complimentary wash and fold on a 7 day cruise? I thought someone said it was unlimited but that is not how I read it.

Herb

It was in the past, but one of Carnival's improvements was removing your unlimited complimentary wash/fold and replacing it with a limited quantity.

Edit: Think of it as having unlimited data on one of your cell providers and having it replaced with a tiered or shared data plan.

Edited by Disconnections

it is 3 bags on a 7 day cruise. You can really get many clothes crammed into those bags if you try. I sent them 3 and they returned 5.

Thanks...didn't know that.

If I use it at all, it's only once.

Like you said, you can cram a lot of clothes in there!

It used to be unlimited. It changed not too long after an inaugural cruise (Breeze? Magic?) where practically half the ship was platinum and overwhelmed the laundry.

It used to be unlimited. It changed not too long after an inaugural cruise (Breeze? Magic?) where practically half the ship was platinum and overwhelmed the laundry.

Yes. Laundry facilities on a ship are limited, but the number of Platinum cruisers is not. The number of bags of laundry is the only variable Carnival can somewhat control.

If there are 2 cruisers in the cabin you each get 3 bags.

This came in handy our last cruise since we spent 3 days precruise in san juan. We sent out two bags embarkation night and then during the cruise sent out another 2 and second last day sent out a final 2 since we were staying in san juan post cruise 2 nights this came in really handy!!!!! :D

If there are 2 cruisers in the cabin you each get 3 bags.

This came in handy our last cruise since we spent 3 days precruise in san juan. We sent out two bags embarkation night and then during the cruise sent out another 2 and second last day sent out a final 2 since we were staying in san juan post cruise 2 nights this came in really handy!!!!! :D

If they are both Platinum. My DH and I will be cruising on Legend next month, but only I am Platinum.

We use it and we have never had a problem. We get three bags. Use it mostly for hubby's workout clothes. (My workout clothese usually stay in the suitcase meaning to be used but :p)

We have been know to stuff the bags full :)

Kathy

YEP... 3 bags on 7 nights... I LOVE IT!!! I do one on the third day, fourth day, and fifth day. Give it to the steward in the early MORNING and mark on the form PLATINUM!!! You should get it back around dinner time, or turn down and towel animal service.

Unless you're packing REALLY MINIMALLY, 3 is plenty for one person!!! Socks, shorts, swimsuits, undies, tshirts, jeans... They use HOT WATER and they fold them. Never had anything shrink, but I'm cautious what I send. NEVER lost anything!!! I leave a tip for the steward, in cash, with the bag -- I don't wait till the end of the cruise. It's their responsibility to take it to laundry and pick it up and return it. A tip is well worth it!!! A couple dollars.

We have found it important to let the steward know that you do not want lights and darks washed together. Put them in separate bags, and make sure he/she knows that they should be done separately. Have had them washed together at least two ships and that makes for some real gray lights. You could also, as we now do, send the lights on one day and the darks on another day. Has solved the problem. Also. we have never got them back on the same day. We always get them back the next morning.

...and will definitely be packing much lighter this time because of it.

My only gripe is that, while they come back clean, they aren't Downey Fresh. They smell...well...clean....but just not, well...you know, like a dryer sheet...LOL! :rolleyes:

I used the laundry services with no issues.. One thing, if your room steward doesn't bring them that afternoon, track them down. I called for ours to be picked up before breakfast and was hoping to get it back that afternoon. When I got back to the room after dinner, it still wasn't back but Eli was still working on the rooms (ours was done but he was on to others). He said the window that he drops them off and picks them back up from, was still closed when he started. He immediately went and retrieved them for me (he got a good tip too), just so I could get our clothing back quicker.. So, sometimes when they start their afternoon service, they don't have the window open for them to get their clothing..

Thanks...didn't know that.

If I use it at all, it's only once.

Like you said, you can cram a lot of clothes in there!

It is 3 bags for 7 or longer. We usually send 2 since it's mostly tees, underwear and socks. It's a nice perk but be careful what you put in the bag (delicates)

I've never used it. I just can't imagine how someone can need 3 bags (or 6!) during a week's cruise. :confused:

Is the only thing the guys bring 2 pairs of cargo shorts and 2 t-shirts and wear them over and over and need them laundered multiple times?

Can you tell I'm female? And single? :p Hey, I've done the Behind the Fun tour and seen those gigantic machines they use. There's no way my clothes are going in them. I just know they'd all be ruined, as most get washed on a delicate cycle at home and never, dried on high heat. I envision them coming back doll-sized or melted or shredded.

I packed for 14 nights (plus a pre-cruise night) for my HAL Hawaii cruise. I dressed for dinner every night and the only repeat article of clothing worn was my black slacks that got quite a lot of wear. I took 4 long dresses.

All this in one large suitcase, a rolling duffle, and a carryon. And I came home with 2 pieces of clothing that I didn't wear.

I didn't do laundry; didn't have it done.

So, you see, I just have a difficult time with the complaints about "unlimited" Platinum laundry being reduced to "only" 3 bags in a week. Seriously. What are you people packing???

My DH sends his clothes to be laundered and I feel they come back semi-wrinkled. I don't send mine at all as most of my clothes are cotton and need to be ironed. I know, no one irons any more, but I like wearing cotton as opposed to poly and I don't wear tee shirts, lol.

I do have a few pairs of capris that are not 100% cotton and if they came back hung up, I would send them, but having them put into a bag instead makes me not want to send them. Living in FL and sailing from FL we are fortunate in not having to worry about the weight of luggage because I sure bring a lot!

...and will definitely be packing much lighter this time because of it.

My only gripe is that, while they come back clean, they aren't Downey Fresh. They smell...well...clean....but just not, well...you know, like a dryer sheet...LOL! :rolleyes:

Bring a dryer sheet and throw them in the dryer for a few minutes :p I usually bring extra dryer sheets for my luggage and the closets and drawers. Helps make the cabin smell nice too :D