Looks like carnival is about to order more ships.

I wish they would order eggs for the breakfast buffet on the ships they already have.

Don't have many complaints about Carnival and I get eggs in other venues and it doesn't ruin my cruise. But really . . ..

Let the competition begin. Eggs on Lido vs. Guys on 2.0:D

I wish they would order eggs for the breakfast buffet on the ships they already have.

Don't have many complaints about Carnival and I get eggs in other venues and it doesn't ruin my cruise. But really . . ..

I don't know if I'm missing something from this post but there have been eggs on the Lido deck buffet on every Carnival ship we've been on. They have the watery powdered scrambled eggs that look like yellow cottage cheese or you can go to the omlet station and get omlets, scrambled, eggbeaters or fried eggs to order. On a couple of them, they even had boiled eggs.

I read a similar article with the same dates, but it was Carnival Corp, and the 2 ships were slated for Costa and Princess.

Sorry, but I don't remember the source.

I think there was a thread on here. If I recall, someone thought Carnival wasn't keeping up with the other lines by not ordering several new ships. I don't remember which cruise lines it was.

I read a similar article with the same dates, but it was Carnival Corp, and the 2 ships were slated for Costa and Princess.

Sorry, but I don't remember the source.

I think there was a thread on here. If I recall, someone thought Carnival wasn't keeping up with the other lines by not ordering several new ships. I don't remember which cruise lines it was.

There was a story here on CC News.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5883

An order for one or possibly even two new cruise ships from a major player could be imminent, according to one Wall Street analyst. Robin Farley of investment firm UBS Investment Research told investors that Costa Cruises or Princess Cruises would be the most likely lines under Carnival Corp.'s umbrella to receive a ship -- and she conjectured that the ship or ships would likely hold around 3,600 passengers apiece. Carnival-owned cruise lines have yet to announce a single newbuild for 2017, and Farley said the window for placing an order with a shipyard that would allow enough time for the ship to be built and launched by 2017 would close around mid-August.

Sounds like Carnival may be thinking about a common platform across many of their brands and not specifying which one gets it until closer to launch. Let the guessing games begin.

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/more-new-ships-for-carnival-corp.html

"With the potential ship orders, Farley suggests Carnival Corporation may not initially designate which lines will receive the new builds. Rather, Carnival Corporation would build two identical ships, designating their lines at a later time during construction. This new method of ordering and construction would allow Carnival Corporation to create a streamlined ship design, moving forward with construction, and determining which lines requires the additional capacity at a later date."

Sounds like Carnival may be thinking about a common platform across many of their brands and not specifying which one gets it until closer to launch. Let the guessing games begin.

http://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/more-new-ships-for-carnival-corp.html

"With the potential ship orders, Farley suggests Carnival Corporation may not initially designate which lines will receive the new builds. Rather, Carnival Corporation would build two identical ships, designating their lines at a later time during construction. This new method of ordering and construction would allow Carnival Corporation to create a streamlined ship design, moving forward with construction, and determining which lines requires the additional capacity at a later date."

They already do this...

It is great that CCL will build new ships but the fact of the matter is CCL has to get creative in picking new ports of call specially in the southern Caribbean that sails from Miami or Fort Lauderdale. Europe is out of the question for me because of the cost of the flight to the embarkation port. When the Spirit first sailed it went to Barbados, Martinique, and St. Martin that was great. I can not tell you how many times I've been to St. Thomas and Cozumel.

Gary

What I found interesting in the article was this quote "The Carnival Cruise Lines brand is expecting delivery of a new prototype in December 2016, ..."

But I thought that the Vista was due in Jan/Feb of 2016. Has it been delayed, or was I wrong on the delivery date? I was contemplating a Med cruise in Summer 2016 but that would not be possible on Carnival if the Vista is not ready until December.

What I found interesting in the article was this quote "The Carnival Cruise Lines brand is expecting delivery of a new prototype in December 2016, ..."

But I thought that the Vista was due in Jan/Feb of 2016. Has it been delayed, or was I wrong on the delivery date? I was contemplating a Med cruise in Summer 2016 but that would not be possible on Carnival if the Vista is not ready until December.

Everything else I've read it is to be delivered first quarter 2016.

To address some other comments there are multiple articles I found. Some say the new builds for the other carnival corp brands other articles repeat what this one says. The new builds will be for CCL . I guess time will only tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app