Are there limits on taking food/snacks on board?

ajtaylor29

i can't really find anything on Carnivals website outlining restrictions on food brought on board. Is there a problem if we bring limes (for mixing drinks!)? I wasn't sure about fruit....assuming i can bring mixed nuts (to go with those mixed drinks on the balcony :) )

Thanks!

i can't really find anything on Carnivals website outlining restrictions on food brought on board. Is there a problem if we bring limes (for mixing drinks!)? I wasn't sure about fruit....assuming i can bring mixed nuts (to go with those mixed drinks on the balcony :) )

Thanks!

Can not bring fruit on the ship from any port i believe. Snacks are no problem but remember you will also have 24 hour acess to food lol.

Can not bring fruit on the ship from any port i believe. Snacks are no problem but remember you will also have 24 hour acess to food lol.

Believe me, we're not worried about going hungry for one minute!!!! This is mainly because my friend wants to mix her favorite cocktail and wants limes! She doesn't mind bringing her own just in case they're not on the ship (there's a lime shortage going on, ya know!) Anyway - i would agree that i can't bring back fruit from a foreign port, but we're talking about bringing it on in Galveston.

Thanks for the feedback!

As to the limes...take them...what do you have to lose...worse case scenario you have to dump them. I imagine if you put them in a bag in your checked luggage they would probably go unnoticed. But I could be wrong about that as I've never tried it.

Yes, there is a lot of food on board and of course there's always 24 hr. room service. But there are some personal favorite snacks that you can't get on board. I always bring Raisinettes with me. Also, potato chips are a fortune if you can even find the brand you like on board. You are not really limited as to how many snacks you can bring on board unless you get ridiculous about it. For example; 2 bags of potato chips...no problem. 12 bags of potato chips...Really!?

As to the limes...take them...what do you have to lose...worse case scenario you have to dump them. I imagine if you put them in a bag in your checked luggage they would probably go unnoticed. But I could be wrong about that as I've never tried it.

Yes, there is a lot of food on board and of course there's always 24 hr. room service. But there are some personal favorite snacks that you can't get on board. I always bring Raisinettes with me. Also, potato chips are a fortune if you can even find the brand you like on board. You are not really limited as to how many snacks you can bring on board unless you get ridiculous about it. For example; 2 bags of potato chips...no problem. 12 bags of potato chips...Really!?

Appreciate the feedback, i think we'll just try it and like you said, nothing to lose but a few limes if they take them!

In 3 days, i'll find out. :)

Thanks!

Give Carnival's Customer Service number a call (800-764-7422) and ask. If they say "No" to the limes, you could bring a bottle of lime juice with you in your carry-on bag.;)

Limes are coming down in price. I've seen the larger ones for 28c in the market and huge bags of Key Limes at the 99c store today.

Most ports will let you bring them on, but not off.

I have brought limes from home on to the ship with no problem. Also bought candied limes in Puerto Vallarta and brought them on board with no problems. You can bring most things onboard, but no fruit/vegetables or other unwrapped food off the ship.