Need help with Allure vs Getaway. Price reasons

September 7th you can get a balcony on Allure for 2 for around $1000 each

Category x is the guarantee oceanview balcony. I can only do.the 14th sailing, but 7th X category is even cheaper. 799 pp!

Anybody thinks the deal now is good? I also get 200 obc!

Category x is the guarantee oceanview balcony. I can only do.the 14th sailing, but 7th X category is even cheaper. 799 pp!

Anybody thinks the deal now is good? I also get 200 obc!

BOOM! Time to pull the trigger.

Is there a possibility that the price will go even lower?

Sure.

But is this a really really really good price? ($850 pp + $200 OBC)

YES!

Edited by Merion_Mom

Wow looking at the cruise prices now, it lowered a lot. X category for 850 pp now. Should I still wait?

By the way, try not to let them put you in My Time Dining. (they will tell you that only MTD is available.) If you have MTD, you have to pay your gratuities now, with your cruise fare payment. If you have traditional dining, you are charged on board and can use that $200 OBC for the gratuities.

Not that you wouldn't find other ways to spend $200. ;)

Hi Everybody,

I have some decision problems for which cruise go on on with my SO. My planned trip will be around Sept 14 and I am looking at the NCL Getaway or the RCCL Allure. Now I want to keep in mind that I am on a tight budget and want to spend as little as possible. The interior stateroom in the Allure cheapest would be 1900 including tax. This is pretty much my limit. The Getaway is around 1500-1600.This is a significantly cheaper than the Allure.

I am wondering if the prices would go down further later on? I really want to go on the Allure (I went on the Oasis with family a few years back and thought it was great). Or should I just settle for the cheaper NCL option??

Some advice would be great. Thanks in advance.

I have been on the Allure and am going on the Getaway in August.

the Allure is amazing and is definitely worth the price, I can say that for sure.

But NCL's prices are incredible, and they always have good promos! We booked an inside in May during a BOGO sale..."Book on the Getaway and get a free cruise on the NCL Sky." We paid 679pp for the Getaway through a online TA, and also got 50.00 OBC. And then after final payment, prices dropped significantly, and we were able to upgrade to a balcony at no extra charge. Our TA had a deal where if you upgraded to a balcony, you got 50.00 extra OBC, dinner for two in a specialty restaurant, and a bottle of wine! So all in all, for two people on the Getaway, we are paying 1,500 plus we have 100OBC and the extras. So really good deal!

I feel like we never would have gotten anything like that through RCI. If price is really important, NCL. But as for experience, the Allure is amazing and if you can afford it, go for it! (it's just money, right ;) ) I love to try new things and I love big, new ships with lots of activities, so that is why I am trying out NCL Getaway. When the Oasis and Allure get a bit cheaper, I will definitely sail again

I just went ahead and booked the Category X cabin for the Sept 14th sailing! the 200 OBC was convincing enough and for 850pp for a oceanview balcony I am happy with this price.

I know that this price may drop lower later on, but I rather get this over with and I am happy with the price for this type of cabin anyways.

Now I am wondering, since this is past the final payment date, will I still be able to transfer my booking to a TA? I had to book this over RCL because my TA was not open during the weekend.

Thanks everybody for the input! I am sure we will have fun on this ship..

Thank you for reassuring me that this is a good deal fellows.. The price jumped a little bit but at the end I know that this deal is one of the better ones I will be able to get.

As for the TA, I believe I cannot transfer now either. I am still happy with this outcome. Can't be too greedy :)

I just got off of the Allure yesterday. What an awesome experience. I've never done NCL, but this was my 6th cruise and by far the best. Have a wonderful time, and now that you've booked, stop looking at the prices. You'll drive yourself crazy. ;)

Stupid question here - but are you just traveling by yourself? Norwegian lets you book for a single and it's pretty neat. I have been on RCL (not Allure) and recently on the Getaway. We did a cabin crawl and got to see the different types of rooms available. Something to check out if it's just you

Yes I was aware of that, however looking at the RCL website the room that I got assigned is probably the best choice. It is on the boardwalk level and near many things.

For some reason, the UK site only had the XN cabins available so I cannot look if there is other cabins open.

Edited by alanme123

If this is for the 9/14 Allure, I would probably stay with the room you have.

Looks like there are 15 staterooms available in the D4 category. The room right next to you is available #6696. All of the available rooms have connecting rooms:

7134, 7136, 7152, 7164, 7294, 7296, 7310, 7694, 7712, 6696, 9152, 9150, 9710, 9712, 8172.