Snorkeling suggestions

MillbrookMom

Last time we were in St. Thomas we did the "Island Girl" snorkel tour by catamaran and loved it. Looking for something different this time, and wondering if their a good spot to get to on your own to snorkel, or thoughts on excursions that are geared towards rays and or turtles.

I would be interested in where there is good snorkling in either St. Thomas or St. Martins. There are 31 of us going and the older teenagers/and some of their parents want to snorkle. Five years ago we snorkled as a family out of Cozumel (I think?) and the water was murky and saw almost nothing.

Any suggestions will be welcomed and I am assuming that we can find snorkling outfitters off the ship.

Carter it will be difficult to find a spot that can accommodate 31 ppl with snorkeling and amenities, take a look at Coki, that's probably your best off the beach snorkel option for such a large group.

Cozumel is an exceptional snorkeling destination, too bad you had a bad day there.

Millbrookmom you have a unique opportunity right now if you can go without the typical amenities AND you have your own snorkel gear. Sapphire Beach offers great snorkeling with a reef and also a seagrass area where rays and turtles can be spotted. Gorgeous beach with a condo property, but the dive center is currently closed so no chair or snorkel gear rentals or public restrooms. So you'd have to lay your towel on the sand and be without a real bathroom but you'd be in paradise because it's so quiet.

If that's too much of an "adventure" you have Secret Harbor and Coki beaches both with good snorkeling, the "beautiful beaches of st thomas thread" has various descriptions of the beaches if you want more details.

And look at going to one of the more secluded beaches on STJ to see turtles and rays if you're in port long enough. Or take one of the many excellent daysails there like Yacht Nightwind or High Pockets.

Check out my full review with TONS of pictures of Coki Beach and the snorkeling. (In my signature line). It was simply amazing there. We just returned last month. I have seen so many things there that I had never seen before...right from the beach. :)

I'm partial to Coki Beach!!! Had the BEST time there on our honeymoon.

Even though we love staying on Sapphire Beach Inthink Coki us the nicest beach and bay in STT. Very romantic in the evening when no ships are in.