Early Saver Question

CrusinCyndi

I am booked ES and have made final payment.

There is a slight price reduction but it is not ES, it is another promo/rate.

My TA says she called Carnival about it and reported back to me that I am not eligible for the rate decrease because the rates they are showing are not for ES. Huh ?

I was under the impression that since I booked ES originally, and took a few price drops before final payment, that I would still qualify for any price drop (apples to apples) as far as catagory, etc. up to 2 days before sailing.

Am I wrong or is she ?

I am booked ES and have made final payment.

There is a slight price reduction but it is not ES, it is another promo/rate.

My TA says she called Carnival about it and reported back to me that I am not eligible for the rate decrease because the rates they are showing are not for ES. Huh ?

I was under the impression that since I booked ES originally, and took a few price drops before final payment, that I would still qualify for any price drop (apples to apples) as far as catagory, etc. up to 2 days before sailing.

Am I wrong or is she ?

What was the promo you were trying to price match to?

You have to price match to a promo that includes your specific cabin type. If the promo is for a category where you don't know your room until Carnival gives it to you then you can't get a price drop.

I am matching to my specific cabin type. I am in a cove balcony and there are still quite a few cove balconys available.

"Dream Cruise Sale" which is what is being offered thru end of day today

Just checked CCL website and can't find that sale so I can't help you. Hopefully, someone else will be able to help you.

I am matching to my specific cabin type. I am in a cove balcony and there are still quite a few cove balconys available.

If you're matching to your exact category and you're eligible (which you are), than you do qualify for the drop. I'd give your TA a ring back. That "sale" is available for my cruise, but ES is still available and much lower.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

If you're matching to your exact category and you're eligible (which you are), than you do qualify for the drop. I'd give your TA a ring back. That "sale" is available for my cruise, but ES is still available and much lower.

I thought I should be eligible. Since I am only about 44 days away from sailing the ES rate it no longer showing available which is normal.

I will get in touch with her again and see what happens.

Thanks

I thought I should be eligible. Since I am only about 44 days away from sailing the ES rate it no longer showing available which is normal.

I will get in touch with her again and see what happens.

Thanks

Since ES has disappeared, what is the rate code for the one you are trying to price drop to? If it's Easy Saver or Super Saver, I don't think you'll be able to match to that.

Since ES has disappeared, what is the rate code for the one you are trying to price drop to? If it's Easy Saver or Super Saver, I don't think you'll be able to match to that.

No, it's not Easy Saver or Super Saver. It's "summer dream" or something like that.

I just called Carnival and they said my booking is ES and I am eligible for the price reduction as long as everything is the same to match.

I am waiting for a response from the TA. First time she has not been on the ball here. Kinda ticks me off

No, it's not Easy Saver or Super Saver. It's "summer dream" or something like that.

I just called Carnival and they said my booking is ES and I am eligible for the price reduction as long as everything is the same to match.

I am waiting for a response from the TA. First time she has not been on the ball here. Kinda ticks me off

You should be good to go, hope she gets back t you.

For those of you questioning which rate code it is, it's the Dream Cruise Sale--here are the T&C.

14458600844_d2b467c92c_c.jpg

You should be able to price match to it.

Only thing I have run into before is that the Taxes and fees go up after you book. If you price match you must also match the NEW taxes and fees. The increase can more than offset the decrease in fare making it best to keep your original rate. Just a thought.

As a side note, This is why I like to book with my PVP and simply fill out the form online for any credits. Quick and Easy.

Well, this is the 9th cruise I have booked with her. Never a problem in the past. So I just got an e-mail from her and she has a call into her Carnival person. I also sent her e-mail she sent me last year when I booked showing the reservation was ES. So I think I will win here. It's not a deal breaker, but it's the principal..LOL It would be enough for about 6 DOD's !!

Edited by CrusinCyndi

I had a slight problem with my obc as a result of a price drop but I called carnival today and they resolved it. I originally had 2 rooms booked since January. I then decided in May to pay to get my kids a separate room. Well I called last night and tried to get refund of my money paid due to large price drop. The lady applied 330.00 and 267.00 to 2 cabins but nothing on the third. I called today and they said since I just booked that room in May, I didn't qualify for price adjustment. I confirmed that I had booked all the trip in January but did an upgrade in rooms , paid 300 extra and now the rates reduced. After a long hold time the agent understood and got me an additional obc for 260.00. I am very happy even though I had to move to riviera deck and my rooms are separated by 1 cabin apiece. It's worth it to get the obc.

You should be good to go, hope she gets back t you.

For those of you questioning which rate code it is, it's the Dream Cruise Sale--here are the T&C.

14458600844_d2b467c92c_c.jpg

I was able to get sail from Texas rate which was much lower than what I paid. When I first called the agent she quoted the dream cruise sale and said it was more expensive. Upon reviewing further she found the Texas one. I already knew about it but was waiting for her to tell me the price difference. You have to click on more deals and then click on more rates after that to get any additional. Once you know the sale name you can tell the person specifically what rate you saw. Also she originally said I couldn't get the lower rate because there were no more rooms in my category. Then said I could downgrade and get the sale so down I went= 1 category from 6c ocean view to 6b ocean view. Then say its aft but it looks mid ship enough for me. We have stayed a few doors down from these many times and love being on riviera deck anyway.

Yayy..thanks for all of your help. Got in touch with the TA and she claimed her computer showed different that Carnival, etc...(whatever). Anyhow she called Carnival and I got the OBC !!!!! I got e-mail from Carnival showing the OBC, so I am excited. So gonna by a few DOD's for sure.

Thanks again everybody!

What is intersting about that Dream Cruise Sale is that the column on the fare viewer under Choose Your Room does not have a green check-mark, however Choose Your Room is a bullet point in the Extras Column.

I haven't had to worry about it because my upcoming cruise is doing nothing but going up and up in price but I suspected that it wouldn't be eligible for Early Saver. But that just falls into the same category as the Gift Card Promotion ending date - who ever is responsible for overseeing/creating these new promotions isn't putting enough foresight into the "what if's" and just ends up creating conflicting hoops to jump through.