Glitch w/our Group - NOS July 27th

So -

We have a group of family/friends on the July 27th NOS cruise.

Thanks to advice from Clarea (Bob?), we emailed RCCL dining directly, and just today they confirmed a nice 14 person table for us!

I was surprised and pleased that they confirmed it this far out.

Now the glitch - an additional couple just booked the cruise. AND - they booked it through a different TA. :(

I was wondering whether anyone knows if linking reservations made through different TA's is a problem? Has anyone done this? Obviously, they aren't going to be pleased if we can't get them seated with us.

I know we can always talk to the maitre d' when we board the ship, but prefer not to wait like that with a large group.

You can link individual reservations from different travel agents. Both travel agents would request the linking. However, if your booking is a group booking, I don't believe you can link an individual booking with a group booking. Your idea of seeing the maitre d' once onboard would probably be the best bet in that case.

Edited by clarea

As long as they are on the same cruise ;) you can link reservations for dinner.

(Linking for transportation flight is a different story)

As written above Linking to a group could be a problem.

Edited by AntiCat

Hey, thanks for the quick answers.

No, it is not a group booking, just individual booking through the same TA, who then requested to have the reservations linked for dining.

I'm sure our TA will be happy to request the dinner linking, but I don't know about the other. It was through a generic warehouse store travel site, so who knows. I guess worst case we try on the ship.

The only thing I am debating is if, before the cruise, we should go back to the dining people on Navigator who were nice enough to reserve us that 14 person table and ask them to give us two eights (or an eight and a six, if they can't link the other couple).

I would think that if they have us at a table for 14, it would be harder to make two eight person tables appear after all the passengers have already been assigned their seating.

Hey, thanks for the quick answers.

No, it is not a group booking, just individual booking through the same TA, who then requested to have the reservations linked for dining.

I'm sure our TA will be happy to request the dinner linking, but I don't know about the other. It was through a generic warehouse store travel site, so who knows. I guess worst case we try on the ship.

The only thing I am debating is if, before the cruise, we should go back to the dining people on Navigator who were nice enough to reserve us that 14 person table and ask them to give us two eights (or an eight and a six, if they can't link the other couple).

I would think that if they have us at a table for 14, it would be harder to make two eight person tables appear after all the passengers have already been assigned their seating.

Since your group is large, and might be difficult to accomodate once you're on the ship, I'd probably apologize to the rcldining people, and ask them to redo the dining based on the additional couple. I think you have a better chance of getting what you want the more notice you give them.

Our TA has always been able to link both individuals and groups for dining so you shouldn't have any issues there. We were just on a cruise with a table for 14 and it was really, really difficult to carry on any conversations other than with those right near you, and the service was much slower because of so many to serve. Maybe 8 & 8 would work better for you. You could always change around each night to allow different people to sit at different tables.

mlmc - your name is Marge? Cool - mine too :p

Lovescruising - yes, they have a few right in the center on deck 3. In the picture below you can see them clearly.

So things changed again - we got two tables of eight close together by talking directly to the dining room concierge (if that's the right title) on Navigator. THEN - found out one more person was going.

So now we have two tables of eight, but they are putting nine people at one of the tables. I'm guessing that will be ok - not too crowded? We could try to protest and ask for a 10 person table, but I don't know how they would take that at this point . . .

Has anyone had an extra person "squeezed in" at a table?

441485495_NavigatorDiningRoom.jpg.961b9f0a257ccc2b7a0e60bce6c62e81.jpg

Since your group is large, and might be difficult to accomodate once you're on the ship, I'd probably apologize to the rcldining people, and ask them to redo the dining based on the additional couple. I think you have a better chance of getting what you want the more notice you give them.

As Bob is suggesting go back to the rcldining people.....and explain what happened and that two additional people would like to seat at dinner with you (you are so so polular!). They will be more than happy to take care of it, this far out from the cruise date. I have had to do that in the past, and they are wonderful. They may not be able to have a table large enough for 16, but they can set up two tables of 8 right next to each other....and it is easier for them to plan this out, before the cruise than going to the dining room and trying to do it ON the cruise.

So things changed again - we got two tables of eight close together by talking directly to the dining room concierge (if that's the right title) on Navigator. THEN - found out one more person was going.

So now we have two tables of eight, but they are putting nine people at one of the tables. I'm guessing that will be ok - not too crowded? We could try to protest and ask for a 10 person table, but I don't know how they would take that at this point . . .

I commend you for having much more patience than I think I could muster! :) After that many changes so close to sail date, I think I'd just resign my position as "table coordinator" for the ever-changing group! ;)

LetsGetWet -

Fortunately, there are two of us that are dealing with the details! That way we can commiserate with each other :p

But I think we have it all sorted out now. Turns out we are at two 72" oval tables right by each other - those should be comfortable for 8-9 people.

And hopefully, no more late additions to the group - I think we're running out of additional friends & family anyways!

We recently cruised with a group of 36. Because of our excursions, neither traditional dining time fit perfectly. Our TA was able to have us seated in MTD at 6:15 at tables for 12 next to each other, and we could eat at any of our tables any night.

The waiters and assistant waiters did an excellent job of dealing with this arrangement, all the while interacting with us in a way that added greatly to our enjoyment.

We tipped them well (in addition to the prepaid gratuities), and they deserved it.

Margy

mlmc - your name is Marge? Cool - mine too :p

Lovescruising - yes, they have a few right in the center on deck 3. In the picture below you can see them clearly.

Again, go back to the contact you have who handles the dining room on the Navigator. Your sailing is July 27....you are giving them plenty of time to handle your needs properly. They will be fine with this situation....it is better than trying to squeeze someone onto a table in a crowded area of the dining room where there may not be as much room to walk as there might be for 'seating your extra person'.

They appreciate the advance notice and want to be helpful to you....so just let them be.

So -

We have a group of family/friends on the July 27th NOS cruise.

Thanks to advice from Clarea (Bob?), we emailed RCCL dining directly, and just today they confirmed a nice 14 person table for us!

I was surprised and pleased that they confirmed it this far out.

Now the glitch - an additional couple just booked the cruise. AND - they booked it through a different TA. :(

I was wondering whether anyone knows if linking reservations made through different TA's is a problem? Has anyone done this? Obviously, they aren't going to be pleased if we can't get them seated with us.

I know we can always talk to the maitre d' when we board the ship, but prefer not to wait like that with a large group.

We are on this trip and I do believe my DH and I are the added couple and my Aunt is the other add on! Marge, I am Becky, Karen's sister! Sorry to have caused so much trouble! But I haven't seen my sister in 2 years and wanted to celebrate with her!

I commend you for having much more patience than I think I could muster! :) After that many changes so close to sail date, I think I'd just resign my position as "table coordinator" for the ever-changing group! ;)

LetsGetWet -

Fortunately, there are two of us that are dealing with the details! That way we can commiserate with each other :p

Agreed. You are a saint.

saint-you.jpg

LetsGetWet -

But I think we have it all sorted out now. Turns out we are at two 72" oval tables right by each other - those should be comfortable for 8-9 people.

And hopefully, no more late additions to the group - I think we're running out of additional friends & family anyways!

Don't worry, there are no more relative to come out of the wood works! It was not that hard to work out, Karen called her TA and I called ours and the linking was taken care of. Yes it would have been easier if we used ya'lls TA. But we saved almost $500 by doing it this way!