Must haves at Chops

My sister, 11 yr old niece, and myself are leaving on the Freedom on July 6th. We have booked Chops for one night on our cruise and are looking forward to it. Can anyone tells me "Must Haves" that they enjoy? Thank You!

My sister, 11 yr old niece, and myself are leaving on the Freedom on July 6th. We have booked Chops for one night on our cruise and are looking forward to it. Can anyone tells me "Must Haves" that they enjoy? Thank You!

The red velvet cake! :D

108_zps63a9e3a4.jpg

In my opinion Chops isn't what it use to be which was a disappointment to use on our Oasis cruise in March. I wish I could tell you something that was excellent that I had but it was just ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The red velvet cake! :D

108_zps63a9e3a4.jpg

The red velvet cake and chocolate mud pie are now being made "in house" on all ships. The red velvet cake is not as good, but much better than the chocolate pie that is awful. Not all ships have the new Chops menu.

The bacon appetizer is DELICIOUS!! The French onion soup, crab cake and caesar salad are also quite good. The filet is delicious as long as it's cooked right. (Our whole table ordered medium rare last week and were delivered medium well and were in a hurry so we didn't send them back but still ate them.) As for the sides, under the old menu they were all delicious but now most are just OK. I had the tater tots which are gigantic and pretty good but filling so definitely share them with the table. The corn was not good (tasted like doctored up frozen corn). The mushrooms were pretty good though. As for the deserts, the red velvet cake was nothing at all like what is pictured above by another poster. Tasted like store bought IMO. My husband had the cheesecake and it was quite delicious! Enjoy! We did have a fabulous waiter in Chops which was nice!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Beautiful fillet steak, melt in the mouth, ahhhh divine, you will have a beautiful dinner, glad you are excited, you should be, you'll have a beautiful evening with delicious food :)

Filet, salad, i think we had mushroom risotto, dessert is a must

I have read the menu has changed but in December on Oasis we had the following which you must try.

Mushroom Soup

French Onion Soup

Mixed oysters

Filet Steak - cooked medium

Make sure you ask for all of the different types of vegetable servings that you like - they will bring them all to the table for you.

The chocolate mud cake with peanut butter ---- tastes like reese peanut butter but not too strong.

Freedom DOES have the new menu. Be sure and try the warm goat cheese salad.....it is fabulous. I always get the petit filet and have never been disappointed. The deserts are a little sad now that they are making them in house.....but the cheese cake was pretty good and red velvet cake is not bad, just not near as good as it used to be. Don't even bother with the mud pie.....they ruined that!!!!

We were on Freedom in early June (new menu) and they still had the mushroom soup and it was AMAZING. I think my favorite thing I ate all week. I also loved my filet! We really enjoyed starting with scallops & carpaccio as well. Yum!