Balcony covering on M class cabin 6135/6136

sandav

My husband and myself have just returned from the Summit to Bermuda. We had cabin 6136. It was fully covered by a canvas cover. Can anyone tell me if Millenium and Infinity have the same canvas cover. Also as this was a concierge cabin, we expected footstools and reclining chairs as on Eclipse. Not so. One chair had a partial recline and the other did not recline at all and no foot stools. However, we did have an excellent cabin steward who brought us two loungers so everything turned out ok although I'm not sure this would be guaranteed on the other two ships. Any information on current balcony furniture on Millenium and Infinity in this cabin would also be welcome as we are looking at Alaska for next year and feel their itineraries are a bit better than Solstice which seems to take the sea route as opposed to the Inside Passage. I should also say we thoroughly enjoyed the Summit and the cruise to Bermuda.

What do you mean fully covered by a canvas cover? So you couldn't look out? I will be on the Summit next week also on deck six, but in a regular Verandah cabin. Looking forward to having a balcony but that sounds odd.

I can't comment on furniture, as that can change, but it is likely you can ask, adn receive what you need or want if you ask, USUALLY.

As far as the canvas covers go, on Infinity, it looks like some deck 6 aft cabins have the canvas cover, and some don't. On Millenium, it they are similar.

I believe Constellation has none.

Summit has the ones you've seen, almost fully covered.

Someone may correct me, but i think I got this right.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Edited by need2bespoiled

I can't comment on furniture, as that can change, but it is likely you can ask, adn receive what you need or want if you ask, USUALLY.

As far as the canvas covers go, on Infinity, it looks like some deck 6 aft cabins have the canvas cover, and some don't. On Millenium, it they are similar.

I believe Constellation has none.

Summit has the ones you've seen, almost fully covered.

Someone may correct me, but i think I got this right.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The Connie definitely has the canvas covers for the Deck 6 cabins in suiteland.

CoveredDeck6balconiesonConstellation_zpsa681e400.jpg

Infinity remains a "mystery"! :)

My mom and kids were in 6135 on Millie last year for our Alaska cruise. There was no canvas covering over the balcony. I don't remember the furniture though as we spent most of our time on our balcony in the connecting Royal Suite (6137). I'm pretty sure there were at least 2 chairs with a small table in between, but don't think they were loungers.

The Royal Suite does have a small canvas cover over the hot tub, but other than that, it too was open to the sun.

• 3 months later...
I am also curious about whether or not the deck 6 C1 staterooms in suiteland have the canvas protection over the verandahs on Infinity like they do on Connie.

Infinity is the only M class ship we've never been on. But I found this photo: http://lorisroadtrip.files.wordpress.com/2011/08/0062.jpg

From the photo it looks like 6144 is covered but 6136 is not on Infinity.

Sorry to confuse. The balcony had a canvas cover over the top. This meant the balcony was not fully exposed to the sun.The aft balcony cabins have the same covering.

The aft facing C1 cabins on all M Class ships are partially covered by a solid ceiling with the area of this being larger than a regular C2 or C3 cabin, and then a portion covered by a canvas cover and then the last portion of these huge verandas is open to the sky.

Edited by Lsimon