Alaska- airport to ship transfers

zwolinski

I was honestly disappointed last year with the transfer service - at least from the airport to the ship. We waited a very long time for the bus to arrive, and were afraid we were going to miss the ship (I know, being a Celebrity transfer that we wouldn't, but I felt uneasy). The air conditioning was out, and the traffic was terrible. The bus driver left the highway to try a shortcut, but ran into traffic there too. To top it off, I had to listen to two insufferable ladies behind us loudly complain about the heat and the traffic. For the price of the transfer, I could have reserved a car service for us and had a much more pleasant ride, which is what I plan to do this year. In addition, we are flying in a day early so we can enjoy Seattle and not have to worry about getting to the ship on time. Hope this helps.

Doing the Solstice Alaska cruise, Seattle to Vancouver. Is it worth the $74.pp charge for the Celebrity transfers ??? Or should we just use taxis ?

Thanks for any help.:confused:

Is this for both SeaTac airport to Smith's Cove Pier and from Canada Place to the Vancouver airport? Also, how many of you are traveling.

If both ways and only 2 passengers, you could save a bit but not a sizeable amount. You could probably get from Seattle to the pier for around $40 + tip and you could probably get to the Vancouver airport for around $30 + tip. If there were more than 2, definitely arrange your own transportation.

In Vancouver, they had a lot of cabs that were offering flat rates to the airport as you disembarked.

PS -- if you are flying back from Seattle, the QuickCoach bus takes you door to door (pier to airport) and is clean, timely and has friendly drivers - the caveat is that you have to cross the border. Bellingham, WA is also an option as the bus also has a drop off there as well if your flight out goes to where you want to go. Didn't mean to digress but you didn't specify your airports....so hopefully this was helpful.

We are four flying into SEA, boarding in Vancouver. The rep told us $75pp each way for transfers, $600 rt seems a bit pricey. But last minute air into YVR is off the chart. Maybe rent a car one way? Anyone with experience please advise. thx

Last year our Celebrity ship didn't sale and we made a last minute change to A Holland ship. Arrived in Vancover on a Sunday instead of Friday so we had to rebook our flights. We were both due back to work Monday am on the east coast so our options were very limited.

We booked a National car at the pier. Did self disembarcation and the car rental was right there when we emerged from the customs area, in the same building. The car was parked in a garage right outside. I think the cost was about $100. The rental was a breeze at both ends.

Time was a major factor for us so I was glad we had a GOES pass allowing us to bypass the lines at the border- otherwise it would have taken us an hour more. Seattle airport was also a horror- even with our tsa pre approval and first class tickets it took us over an hour to make it to our gate.

I had looked into other options - there is a private express bus service, as well as a train. Least expensive option is a city to city bus- don't remember the name but similar to the Bolt or Mega buses we have here in the East. However you had to get to city center in Vancover and then from the center to the airport in Seattle. None of the options worked for us time wise.