rebooking questions

trenz

It is my personal view that if you cancel a booking at any time, the deposit should be lost

So if 'no penalty cancellations' were allowed in your area, permitting you to rebook at a lower cost without forfeiting your deposit, you would refuse to accept it and demand to lose your deposit?

So if 'no penalty cancellations' were allowed in your area, permitting you to rebook at a lower cost without forfeiting your deposit, you would refuse to accept it and demand to lose your deposit?

A totally hypothetical question as in "my area" as you put it, nobody would ever dream of re-booking in those circumstances as ANY cancellation always results in a loss of the deposit which is a tried and tested method of purchasing any goods or service.

A totally hypothetical question as in "my area" as you put it, nobody would ever dream of re-booking in those circumstances as ANY cancellation always results in a loss of the deposit which is a tried and tested method of purchasing any goods or service.

Hypothetical only inasmuch as current policy dictates.....policy sometimes/often changes given the prevailing circumstances....the question stands, "If you were offered the opportunity to cancel & rebook without penalty would you take it or refuse it?"

Hypothetical only inasmuch as current policy dictates.....policy sometimes/often changes given the prevailing circumstances....the question stands, "If you were offered the opportunity to cancel & rebook without penalty would you take it or refuse it?"

Or he can answer the flip-side question, "Why should those who have the right (i.e., those who book in the US) give up that valuable right and lose the deposit upon re-booking?"

Is that not what I said? I also know I would always prefer to have 58 pence in my pocket than 1 dollar, based on prices in USA

When I am in the UK I will not shop at any chain store I have in America because the prices are the same except that I pay 42% higher based on the conversion where as British people save up to 70% on the same item by buying it in America based on their conversion.

Hope that clarify's it for you.

When I am in the UK I will not shop at any chain store I have in America because the prices are the same except that I pay 42% higher based on the conversion where as British people save up to 70% on the same item by buying it in America based on their conversion.

Hope that clarify's it for you.

Clarify ? Not really. All I can suggest is that you don't go to the UK if you feel that the prices are too much for you. After all, you would not be wanting to go to a pub for a drink and pay £1.99 for a pint of lager when you can pay over $7.00 in USA for a smaller version of a pint.

Back to the subject. Before anyone suggests that a potential bonus is cancelled just because some people "abuse" it to get a cheaper deal, please look at it a bit more widely.

What if you have a family emergency or medical issue and need to move your cruise to a date when you can go and if that may not be covered by any travel insurance the fact that the company allows you to move the date to when you can go is an important benefit and is an example of compasionate customer service. The company is still getting your business, you still get to go on a cruise and everyone gains. That is why they allow you to do it at present.

Maybe, if you consider the process is being abused just to get a few dollars off after someone has blocked a potential cabin for months by booking early, the answer could be to block anyone from cancelling and then re-booking the same cruise/dates. Difficult to administer, but at least it would appear more fair.