Any recent debarcation problems in Tampa?

gooch47

We are trying to decide whether to stay overnight in Tampa after our November cruise or fly home the same day.

I remember a couple issues with immigration in Tampa. Does anyone have any relevant information?

Yes, it was happening earlier this year. No idea if they will have the same issues later this year again. And many weeks they had no problem. Not sure what time your flight options are, or would offer additional advice.

We are trying to decide whether to stay overnight in Tampa after our November cruise or fly home the same day.

I remember a couple issues with immigration in Tampa. Does anyone have any relevant information?

I don't know if November is a foggy month but at least get a late flight. I have sailed the Dawn out of Tampa the past two years, once in February and once in January. Fog delayed us getting on ship the first time by 7 hours. Fog delayed us getting in the second time by 4 hours. We still made our 3 pm flight home but we were really sweating it out. There were no immigration problems though.

Tampa is the easiest port I have experienced when returning from the Caribbean. Have also returned into Pt Everglades, Miami and San Juan. Tampa is by far the best. Also the friendliest. The gentleman even kindly reminded me that my passport was expiring in a few months.

I don't see a need to stay over in Tampa that is if you do not need an AM departure. When I return from a cruise, if possible I try to get a flight between 1 and 3 PM. That way I can stay on the ship as long as possible and not have to rush. And even if you arrive at the airport with a few hours to spare, that is the best airport to while away some time. Beautiful terminal. If you are so inclined, you can go up to the parking garage on the 8th or 9th level and watch some take-offs and landings. 9th level if you want some sun, or 8th if you prefer the shade or if it is raining.

Enjoy your cruise.

We've booked our return flight from Tampa for 1:30. Hopefully that should be late enough to avert any problems but... if not we'll have to reschedule. Fingers crossed.

Our flight to Tampa is arriving around 9:30am on the Saturday so we'll have a bit of time to wonder around. We're trying to decide if we should rent a car at the airport for the day since the buses don't run from Tampa to St. Pete's Beach on the weekends, at least they didn't in 2012 anyway.

Plan, plan, plan. Lots of fun. :p