Cruise Connection Party problem

crazy4cruisn

We were notified that we had 34 for our party on the Century July 20 Baltic sailing and would be notified when and where it would be once we were onboard. As far as I know, I was the only one notified. I told the 8 others who I knew their cabin numbers about the party. We were the only ones who attended. It was a disappointment. I wonder what happened. Two officers and the entertainment director attended and I asked them about it. They seemed confused about what happened too.

I'm going to make Cruise Critic management aware of your situation. Sorry there were problems. I've attended five or six over the last couple of years and didn't experience this kind of problem.

Hi,

To Host Anne, thanks for letting the powers that be know of the situation.

We were on Infinity-Canal in May and had several in our group that didn't get the invitation, either -- and it wasn't that they "just missed it," they were experienced cruisers.

CM

• Administrators

Celebrity cabin stewards should deliver your invitation to your stateroom. They do an excellent job of doing this, but we have no detailed info regarding number of invites that don't get delivered vs. those who decide -- for whatever reason -- not to attend.

We're sorry folks didn't receive their invites, and thank you for sharing the info with whomever was traveling with you.

I will pass along this info to Celebrity, as well.

One time, the roster of the party was not sent to the ship, so they announced it in the daily. Quite a few in our "Connections" group missed the announcement.

I have a very difficult time understanding the "logic" of the magic number of 25 to host a gathering and serve the same refreshments that are available elsewhere on the ship at no charge. If, for example, there happen to be 8 or 10 couples who have used the rollcall baord to send messages back and forth, why not have a little on-board party for 16-20 people?. We're not talking about anything big or expensive.

I think the roll-call folks, even if less than 25 would appreciate and enjoy meeting those that they have corresponded with.

This is one more example of Celebrity's poor management decisions.

Al (7/15/05 Summit)

Thanks so much Anne and Laura for checking on the problem. I talked to the officer who was hotel manager while we were onboard several times about this and he said he would check it out. I never heard the results. He was one of the officers who came to our gathering. I know they have a lot more important things to do besides worry about the party, but since they took the time to attend, provide refreshments, and a place to meet, it seems strange that they couldn't see why the invitations were not delivered.

Perhaps those who did not get the invitation had the same problem I am currently having. I'll be on the Constellation--July 1, 2006 Baltic/Russia cruise. I've been trying to sign up for the C.C. party for a week now, but get the following message--"only purchased booking can register Cruise Critic Party." I think it's because I have a group booking number.

I called the Celebrity Captain's Club and was only advised how to register. I don't believe she understood my problem. I've e-mailed Celebrity and received an acknowledgement stating they received my message and will contact me. BUT--that's the last I heard from them.

Ellis

We are Elite members and on our last two cruises we didn't receive an invitation. Knowing when the party was normally held we checked with Guest Relations and they provided the details. I always mention on our Roll Call for people who registered to check with Guest Relations early on their second day just to ensure they don't get missed.

The same thing happened to us on the Connie in May 2005. The event was scheduled for 8:30 on the first morning and when a number of us returned to our cabins after midnight there was no notification and when we opened the door about 9 they invites were there. A number of folks complained and they rescheduled the party about five days later.

The invitations are the responsibility of the CCH. If they are late getting them out sometimes they don't make it to the cabins on time. As this has happened several times to me on various ships, I always make an announcement on the roll call just before we cruise. If you don't have your invite by the time you go to dinner on the first night, ask the cabin steward. If he knows nothing, call the CCH, if no response there, call the event coordinator and then the Concierge. As a general rule Guest Relations does not get this info. I have had them tell me all sorts of things: the party was canceled (because it's not on the daily), it will be later in the cruise, etc.

It's good to get a couple of cabin numbers before sailing or at sailaway, too, that way you can keep in touch with others who may have gotten an invite. Just be persistant! You'll find the party!

We were on the Horizon this past Christmas and also had a problem with the CC get together. From reading the past boards it almost always seemed that the first sea day was the CC party. Did not happen. During the next day at sea I went to the Social Hostess (who was very nice) and was told they were never contacted by HQ about it. She looked into it and fixed it. We had a good time.

Seems from some of the things I've read that someone drops the ball at times. Hmmm...

on 8-5 summit the party was held the last sea day celebrity "meant to have it on the first sea day which would have been nice when they finally did have it only about 8 people showed up on our next cruise i am already arranging a meeting for people on our roll call for the first or second night when celebrity finally had our party all they did was make michaels available with a pot of warm coffee we enjoyed everything else about our cruise though summit is getting a bit worn around the edges:)

Archived