Sunset verandah on hold - help with questions please.

sue58

I have a Sunset Verandah cabin on a 24-hour hold and would appreciate some information before I finalize the deal.:)

It is cabin 6307 on the Eclipse for a Caribbean cruise. I have been on all 4 of the Millennium class ships and love them but think it's time to try a Solstice class ship.

Does anyone have experience with the sunset verandah cabins - do you get soot on the balconies like one review said? is there any shaded area like there is on the aft cabins of the M-class ships? is the cabin in a quiet/noisy spot considering the Tuscan Grill is right below? is there anything else I should know or be aware of?

I think this is looking very good but just wanted to check here with the pros before I book it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Did you check the S class sticky? I have stayed in a aft cabin on the Solstice, had just a very little bit of soot-nothing to worry about. Don't know specifically about deck 6 but seems to me from looking down from deck 11 the balconies were all visible from the decks above.

Since you would be above the Tucson Grill I wouldn't think there would be much noise, unlike being below the Oceanview cafe or gym where you heard the noise from above.

The very first SV we had was 6306 (opposite side) and we loved it. No noise from Tuscan Grille, and we were never bothered by soot. If there was any at all, our balcony was always kept very clean by our steward. It's a long walk to the mid elevators, but it never bothered us. We love the aft SV, had one last month on Eclipse, and have the same one booked twice for next year

Edited by Lovemychoos

Did you check the S class sticky? I have stayed in a aft cabin on the Solstice, had just a very little bit of soot-nothing to worry about. Don't know specifically about deck 6 but seems to me from looking down from deck 11 the balconies were all visible from the decks above.

Thanks for the reminder about the sticky. I had done a search for the cabin but the spreadsheet gives more info on these aft cabins. I like the location of the aft cabins but am not sure I like everyone above being able to look down on the balcony.

The very first SV we had was 6306 (opposite side) and we loved it. No noise from Tuscan Grille, and we were never bothered by soot. If there was any at all, our balcony was always kept very clean by our steward. It's a long walk to the mid elevators, but it never bothered us. We love the aft SV, had one last month on Eclipse, and have the same one booked twice for next year

The soot doesn't seem to be much of a problem with most of the reviewers. I don't mind the distance from the elevators since I tend to walk a lot on the ship anyway. I'll just have to make sure I take everything I might need with me when I leave instead of popping back to the cabin if I forget something.

Someone mentioned 6302 & 6303 were good cabins with the balconies being covered and a bit larger since they were the last ones on the sides of the ship before the aft cabins. I like the idea of there being some sort of covering over the balcony both for some privacy and some shade - I know it depends on where the sun is at any given time.

We had two sunset veranda rooms last year on the eclipse and we loved them. No soot really, it was quiet, we didn't mind the walk to the restaurants, coffee shops and so on. The view was very nice, we especially enjoyed the view during sail away at each port. Good Luck!!

Thanks for all of the replies. So soot is no longer an issue, the location is quiet, it's a walk to the elevators but not a big deal and the view is amazing. I've been in the aft corner cabins on the M class ships and loved the location and views.

Still trying to decide if the SV cabin or 6302 or 6303 would be better as they might have a bit of a cover so a bit more privacy but not the great aft view?

The only problem with 6302 or 6303 is that their balconies are really well shaded. 6307 will be partly viewable from above, but only right at the rail (we tested this to see who much of the balcony on deck 6 SV's you could see from the Oceanview bar rail)

We've had 6301 on Equinox (same deck layout as Eclipse) and although we liked where it was, we were too much in the shade, and much prefer the SV.

I'm sure I've a picture of where 6302/6303 are, and I'll post it on here if I can find it

Lou

Found them

These are already somewhere on this board, so I'm sure whoever took them won't mind me posting them here.

Lou

Thank you so much for these pictures. :)

I was afraid that the SV balconies had no cover at all so it was full exposure all the time. I think the SV will be perfect.