Best time to Disembark?

We are Disembarking Carnival Splendor in NYC. We are a group of 2 Suites, 2 Balconies, 4 Interior rooms. We ALL have FTTF. Not looking to be the first ones off the ship, but would like to end our vacation without long lines. I have read that you could wait and do self-disembarkment. What time would be suggested for that? Should we hang out in our rooms? When do they stop serving breakfast in the dining rooms and Lido?

If you are taking advantage of your priority debarkation, with self assist, you will receive a letter in your stateroom telling you where and what time to meet. It's usually a dining room or the main lounge. You will be in the first group allowed off the ship. It's wonderful to be off, out of the port and sipping coffee in a cafe and watching the hoards of people who follow you. I highly recommend it. I've never missed priority debarkation since I was Platinum. In some ports, I've been off the ship at 6:15am. Getting an early start is nice when you have to drive home. Enjoy your cruise.:D

It sounds like you may be a little confused about self assist debarkation. The self assist people are called first, not after everyone else. Since you also have FTTF, you can choose to get off any time after the very first call. All of this means that you will be getting off very early. Now, of course, you can leave any time later, however, the crowds will be quite bad. The longer you wait, the worse the customs lines will be, so just be aware of that. It is not like embarkation where you can show up later and get right on the ship. The longer you wait, the worse it gets in the terminal!

Good luck!

Also remember that if you choose to wait and debark later, your room steward will kick you out by at least 8:30, if not earlier...

We did self-assist in Tampa a few years ago and our steward kept pushing us to leave our cabin, even though they hadn't made the announcement to start debarkation... finally at about 8:20 we heard the announcement, left our cabin and got off the ship... no lines, no rush, no waiting!

I'm not sure about breakfast times... it may vary by ship. Your Fun Times should tell you when it's available in the MDR and Lido deck.

We tend to loiter until around 9ish to get off the ship. The stewards are eager to get into the room to get it cleaned, however we have found that a little extra tip that morning buys you so additional time in the room.

If you have checked your bags the night before, grab a porter. It's worth the small tip they will get you through customs & into a cab quicker than can by yourself. The last cruise, the taxi line was at least 50 people deep, he walked us over to another area & had us in a cab before the next person in line even got near a cab.