Changed Cruises & Insurance

picomullet

Just wondering how changing cruises and your insurance work. We always book insurance when we book cruise. Insurance is not with Carnival.

Will your insurance travel with you with just making date/$ changes or will a new policy be needed therefor losing the 1st insurance $?

Thanks for any input..

My gut reaction is that since you never used the original policy through to the end of its intended purpose, and you're transferring it to another cruise without making a claim, they should credit you for the premium you already paid (the new policy $$ amount may be different). They may also charge you a change fee...

But all of this is speculation. The only way to be sure is to contact the company that wrote the policy for you... you could ask them for the info beforehand (Just asking how it would work if I were to change my cruise... how would it work?)...

Just wondering how changing cruises and your insurance work. We always book insurance when we book cruise. Insurance is not with Carnival.

Will your insurance travel with you with just making date/$ changes or will a new policy be needed therefor losing the 1st insurance $?

Thanks for any input..

We, too, buy independent travel insurance and have needed to make changes on the policy (date and dollar amount) several times. You need to contact the vendor (insurance company holding the policy) and amend your policy. If you don't call to update the policy it could "null and void" it....especially if there is a date change or a price change for coverage amount. Always better to be "safe" than "sorry".

I use insuremytrip.com and purchased a policy from Travel Safe. I added a cruise for a B2B, so the $ amount and dates changed. I called insuremytrip and they quoted me the additional fee and then requested I send a email confirming the changes and amount to be billed to my credit card. I did this and in less then an hour I had a confirmation email with updated policy information. All went very smoothly.

Edited by PekingeseLady

Thanks for all the replies.

I have been in contact with the insurance company but not sure of what the outcome will be. I thought it would be as simple as changing dates and $ amounts but not really sure. It seems the $50 pp service fee for ES may cause the problem.

This has been a learning experience for sure!