The annual SeaDream birthday message...

knotheadusc

Yesterday was my birthday. Just around noontime here in Texas, I got an email from Adrienne d'Annunzio wishing me a happy birthday and reminding me that I haven't been on a SeaDream vessel (or any other vessel) since May 2013…

Not long after that, I got an email advertising some very attractive fares for a few European cruises if we booked by July 1. One of the cruises offered was an eleven night Scandinavian cruise. I would have loved to have jumped on it, but my husband is retiring from the Army on the 1st and doesn't officially have another job lined up yet (though that may change soon).

I have to admit, seeing Enes offering bubbly has rekindled my SeaDream fever. Hopefully I can start shopping for cruises again before too long. For now, the photo will have to do!

996439813_SeaDreambirthday.jpg.45088d8b3880c092c0a55d28ff22434c.jpg

Don't we all love that photo of Enes with the glass of champagne inviting us back to SD? Great marketing! We got it this week too since my DH's birthday was Tuesday. But they do individualize them since his was welcoming him back to our cruise on August 30.

Hope all goes well with your DH's retirement and after life. Look forward to hearing about you booking a SD cruise in the future!

Thanks, whatnot…

I was actually kind of hoping the incessant moving would stop after last year, but if this job lines up for my husband, we will have to move again. Fortunately, the potential next move would be to a really great place and it will be doing work my husband really enjoys. It will also make it possible to drive to SeaDream ports during part of the year.

If not, the move might be to our recently paid off vehicles! :p:eek:

I need to book another cruise just so I can meet Enes. Or even just take a cruise on SeaDream II and meet all the legendary staff members I keeping reading about here.

Edited by knotheadusc

On the good side, you will be able to do lots of European travel without having to fly! Maybe you can catch a good priced SD Med cruise too! Best of luck to you on your new adventure in life!

I'm counting on finding a SD cruise and not having to fly to the port!

This will be our second time living in Germany. We loved it the first time, so I'm pretty happy to be going. The international move is a bit daunting, especially as civilians; but I predict in, oh, three months or so, I'll be loving life. Germany was far and away our favorite place to live during my husband's Army career.

The funny thing is, we were just in France and Germany last month. We took a last military hop while my husband was on active duty and spent two weeks riding trains in France. We went from Landstuhl to Reims to Dijon to Lyon to Nimes and then Nice. From Nice, we flew to Frankfurt by way of Vienna. Really enjoyed our flight on Niki, which is an Austrian carrier affiliated with Air Berlin. We spent two more nights in Landstuhl with a day trip to Bacharach, a charming little town on the Rhein, then one last night at Ramstein before we caught a Space A flight to Savannah, GA.

I had a feeling we'd be back to Europe soon… just didn't realize it would be this soon! So yes, there will likely be SeaDream cruises and maybe another Hebridean cruise if we can manage it!

Edited by knotheadusc