Port transfers back to airport - civitavecchia

hirobmay

Hi All
Having booked our up coming 11 night Eastern Med cruise back in October last year, and having just received the very comprehensive 'Guest Ticket Booklet' i've just found out that we have transfers back to the airport included, as the vouchers are included in the booklet.

As we are getting to Rome a day early (and won't be utilizing the airport to pier transfer), I thought we were on our own, so its a nice surprise to be able to use a transfer back to the airport.

my question is how do they work? The voucher says:
[I]'Upon departing the ship and claiming your luggage, a cruise line
representative on the pier will direct you to your transportation to the
airport'[/I]

I guess that's pretty clear but any tips on making this efficient as possible?
Do they lay on a big coach? mini buses, cars?
Is there much waiting around?
Is it a good service?
Any tips much appreciated. ;)

We have used Celebrity transfers from many ports including Civitavecchia and it is very easy. It works exactly as it says in your guest booklet - you get off the ship, a Celebrity rep is waiting as you disembark and they direct you to your coach. You do have to wait for the coach to fill up, but if there are a large number of passengers, there will be more than one coach and we have always found it simple and hassle-free. If you have booked a Fly/Cruise package from the UK, the transfers are automatically included, and the price will be the same whether you use them or not. It's nice to get a little extra that you were not expecting!:) Edited by Suzy Smith

[quote name='Suzy Smith'] If you have booked a Fly/Cruise package from the UK, the transfers are automatically included, and the price will be the same whether you use them or not. It's nice to get a little extra that you were not expecting!:)[/quote]
Thanks.
It certainly is!! I feel lucky as originally booked an inside cabin for $1104 P/P, but by keeping a beady eye on the prices I pounced when they dropped to £965 for a balcony, and effective netted a cheaper upgrade!
Now I get a lift to back to the airport to :D. Happy days.