Wine tasting price

carolmacey

There is the regular wine tasting -- from the Navigator package -- held on the first sea day -- usually at 2 PM. Price is $15 per person plus 15% gratuity.

Then later in the cruise -- usually the last sea day there is the Premium wine tasting held at 2 PM in the Pinnacle Grill -- $35 per person plus 15% gratuity. We went to one and did not fell it was worth the $90+ --- tasted only 4 wines.

There is the regular wine tasting -- from the Navigator package -- held on the first sea day -- usually at 2 PM. Price is $15 per person plus 15% gratuity.

Then later in the cruise -- usually the last sea day there is the Premium wine tasting held at 2 PM in the Pinnacle Grill -- $35 per person plus 15% gratuity. We went to one and did not fell it was worth the $90+ --- tasted only 4 wines.

Thanks, that's good to know as well.

I was actually looking at the Cellar Master's package with dinners, wines, tasting, etc. Guess I'll wait til we board and decide.

Thanks, that's good to know as well.

I was actually looking at the Cellar Master's package with dinners, wines, tasting, etc. Guess I'll wait til we board and decide.

We bought the Cellar Master's package for our 11 day Eurodam cruise last spring.

It cost around $320 for the package. For that price, we got 2 dinners for 2 in the Pinnacle Grill, 6 bottles of wine, a gift (wine charms), and 3 wine tastings.

We reserved our dining in the Pinnacle when we boarded the ship.

One bottle of wine was in our cabin, and we selected the others, with the help of the wine steward, each night we wanted a bottle in the MDR or Pinnacle Grill.

As to the wine tastings:

The first was on the first sea day, held in the main dining room and we tasted 4 or 5 wines. They also gave away about 6 bottles of sparkling wine. It would have cost $15 per person.

The second was held a few days later in the Pinnacle bar (I think). The cellar master said he didn't want to see any empty glasses! Not as well attended as the first tasting, and cost $25 per person.

The third tasting paired wines with food (shrimp, pate, cheese etc). It started with champagne (the real stuff) and ended with a lovely port! Very nice but pricey. It would have cost $35 per person if we didn't have the package.

We haven't decided whether we'll get the package for our next cruise - I imagine the price has increased.

Hope this info helps you decide.

Have a great cruise.

:)

We bought the Cellar Master's package for our 11 day Eurodam cruise last spring.

It cost around $320 for the package. For that price, we got 2 dinners for 2 in the Pinnacle Grill, 6 bottles of wine, a gift (wine charms), and 3 wine tastings.

One bottle of wine was in our cabin, and we selected the others, with the help of the wine steward, each night we wanted a bottle in the MDR or Pinnacle Grill.

As to the wine tastings:

The first was on the first sea day, held in the main dining room and we tasted 4 or 5 wines. They also gave away about 6 bottles of sparkling wine. It would have cost $15 per person.

The second was held a few days later in the Pinnacle bar (I think). The cellar master said he didn't want to see any empty glasses! Not as well attended as the first tasting, and cost $25 per person.

The third tasting paired wines with food (shrimp, pate, cheese etc). It started with champagne (the real stuff) and ended with a lovely port! Very nice but pricey. It would have cost $35 per person if we didn't have the package.

We haven't decided whether we'll get the package for our next cruise - I imagine the price has increased.

Have a great cruise.

We have been to quite a few of the wine tastings and no free bottles were given to anyone.

We have been to quite a few of the wine tastings and no free bottles were given to anyone.

This was the first time I'd seen free bottles given away - to the eldest person there, the couple married the longest, someone who's birthday was that day, and to a woman who got up and sang for a bottle!

As to the wine tastings:

Have a great cruise.

Sounds great! Thanks so much!