I need some suggestions from my cruisers.

Every year for the last few years we always cruise for our anniversary gift for each other. We are booked on the Dream on 8/31 for our 49th anniversary on 9/3. I would really like to get something special, besides jewelry, she has more jewelry than a jewelry store. Any suggestions would be appreciated and any ideas on how I can surprise her with the gift on our cruise. Also, our daughter, her husband and our 2 and 4 year old grandchildren will be with us. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Congrats on 49 years!! I looked at your itinerary and have you ever done the Dolphin Discovery Royal Swim at Chankanaab Park in Cozumel? It is a wonderful experience that you could share together. Plus the location is beautiful. If you want a "less wet" experience, you could go do the Extreme Zipline at Pirates of the Caribbean in Roatan, Honduras. My family including my mom who at the time was 74 loved flying through the trees (and I have a fear of heights:eek:). In Belize we did the Cave Tubing Excursion with cavetubing dot bz (also with my mom) and had a great time. Pretty long hike to get to the river. Check out my reviews for more info (link in my signature below).

Making memories together is one of the best gifts, in my opinion.

Have a wonderful cruise!!

I took my daughter and her hubby and baby on the Elation in January for her birthday. I had a gift wrapped, and I ordered a cake from the little candy store with her name and happy birthday on it. On formal night I had them bring the cake and her gift out to her during dinner. I arranged for them to bring it for desert time. She was totally not expecting it. The dining room staff acted like they were not supposed to hold a gift and present it but they were gracious and did it any way. It was a very special birthday for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hubby and I celebrated our 15th anniversary last year and since it was just the two of us I ordered a cake from the Carnival Website and had it delivered to our cabin. I agree with OP to have it delivered on your anniversary to your table. Their cakes are to die for!!!

How thoughtful you are!! I think on embarkation day, have flowers delivered to the cabin, so she will have them all week to enjoy. Then, every nite have something special delivered to the cabin for before you go to dinner. Cake one nite, Champagne another, Chocolate covered strawberries, cheese plate, these are just some examples. I would give her a certificate for the spa, inside a nice card, but in the card, you need to write a LONG explanation of everything you love and appreciate about her. Maybe remind her of something funny that happened 40yrs ago, or even the day you got engaged. Tell her how beautiful she is to you. Women love that more than gifts.

Stef

How thoughtful you are!! I think on embarkation day, have flowers delivered to the cabin, so she will have them all week to enjoy. Then, every nite have something special delivered to the cabin for before you go to dinner. Cake one nite, Champagne another, Chocolate covered strawberries, cheese plate, these are just some examples. I would give her a certificate for the spa, inside a nice card, but in the card, you need to write a LONG explanation of everything you love and appreciate about her. Maybe remind her of something funny that happened 40yrs ago, or even the day you got engaged. Tell her how beautiful she is to you. Women love that more than gifts.

Stef

We were thinking along the same lines and must have been posting at the same time! It would do it. memories mean a lot!

Stef

I really like this idea. In the card I would have a list of 49 reasons why you are happy she is your wife such as why you love her, memories of her etc.