Reservation from smaller ship to Quantum class

I'm going to have a cruise with Jewel on December. If I'd like to reserve trip for Quantum or Anthem for summer/fall 2015, is it likely to be better deal when reserved during my cruise on Jewel? Or do you need to be lucky for those "take another cruise offer" type of promotions to be offered during your cruise?

Booking a next cruise on board can be done on any ship. Here are the amounts of OBC that you can get depending on cabin type and length of cruise. There is no special deal on the cabin rate just whatever it happens to be at the time of booking.

To be quite honest I would probably book now as prices for Quantum and Anthem have for the most part gone up over time. You could book now and if prices are the same when you cruise you could cancel and then re book on board and take advantage of the OBC.

For the amounts please see this link.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

Hmm, I thought there is a cancellation fee of $500 ($250 / person) by default. Surprising if they let price shop to smaller price once you have agreed to one deal. I feel there is something fundamental I'm missing.. :confused:

Edited by pzico
clarified cancellation fee

Hmm, I thought there is a cancellation fee of $500 ($250 / person) by default. Surprising if they let price shop to smaller price once you have agreed to one deal. I feel there is something fundamental I'm missing.. :confused:

If you live in or book through a travel agent in the US or Canada there is no penalty to cancel your cruise up until final payment which is 75 days from sailing for cruises 6 days or longer. holiday cruises final payment is due 90 days prior to sailing.

Oh my.. Just did a mistake reserving my Christmas cruise directly from Royal Caribbean. :( I did try to search and read some comments whether to use travel agent or not, and found out that:

A) TAs can't offer lower prices (although there are some tricks they can use to go bit

below)

B) If something goes wrong, it's easier to talk to Royal Caribbean directly than use a middle-man

Having said that, last time I cruised with Allure I used TA, and things went quite smoothly. But if had known that there is a way to play tactics, like see where prices are going over time, and if there comes up something major (death in family, getting laid off,..) I wouldn't have to try my luck with insurance.

My mistake, with couple of searches I obviously was able to miss the most relevant..

Edited by pzico

Oh my.. Just did a mistake reserving my Christmas cruise directly from Royal Caribbean. :( I did try to search and read some comments whether to use travel agent or not, and found out that:

A) TAs can't offer lower prices (although there are some tricks they can use to go bit

below)

B) If something goes wrong, it's easier to talk to Royal Caribbean directly than use a middle-man

Having said that, last time I cruised with Allure I used TA, and things went quite smoothly. But if had known that there is a way to play tactics, like see where prices are going over time, and if there comes up something major (death in family, getting laid off,..) I wouldn't have to try my luck with insurance.

My mistake, with couple of searches I obviously was able to miss the most relevant..

As long as it was booked with Royal Caribbean in the US then you can still get price drops and cancel without penalties.

I'm positively surprised with your reply, however, this is what is said related to my reservation in their website:

If you cancel your reservation after a specific date, you may be subject to cancellation charges. Please take a moment to read the details of the cancellation schedule.

Cancellation and Penalty Timetable s.gifCancel Before * Penalty per person s.gifs.gifs.gifs.gif 22-Sep-2014 to 17-Oct-2014 $250.00 USD 18-Oct-2014 to 07-Nov-2014 50% of total price (taxes and fees excluded) 08-Nov-2014 to 28-Nov-2014 75% of total price (taxes and fees excluded) On or After 29-Nov-2014 No refund except for taxes and fees

Looks like they use word "may". I suppose as US resident I may have some additional rights like you say.

I'm positively surprised with your reply, however, this is what is said related to my reservation in their website:

If you cancel your reservation after a specific date, you may be subject to cancellation charges. Please take a moment to read the details of the cancellation schedule.

Cancellation and Penalty Timetable s.gifCancel Before * Penalty per person s.gifs.gifs.gifs.gif 22-Sep-2014 to 17-Oct-2014 $250.00 USD 18-Oct-2014 to 07-Nov-2014 50% of total price (taxes and fees excluded) 08-Nov-2014 to 28-Nov-2014 75% of total price (taxes and fees excluded) On or After 29-Nov-2014 No refund except for taxes and fees

Looks like they use word "may". I suppose as US resident I may have some additional rights like you say.

That looks like the correct cancellation schedule for a December cruise. Up until Sept 22 there is no penalty for cancelling. From Sept 22 to Oct 17 then you would lose your deposit.

The cancel before is actually a cancel between those dates or cancel befor the second date in this case Oct 17.