Pre-booking excursions

PSahoy

I have an upcoming cruise planned on Insignia. Is it wise to pre-book excursions or can one wait until after embarkation (i.e., do they tend to sell out in advance)? Thanks for any advice.

I would prebook excursions, and yes the popular tours sell out. It also depends on the itinerary, I wouldn't take the chance on waiting to book onboard unless you don't have any particular places your really want to see & DIY. Have you joined the RollCall for your cruise, I strongly recommend that you prebook private tours with your fellow members or book on your own (FAR LESS COSTLY and a FAR BETTER EXPERIENCE) You can go onto previous cruises similar to yours, or the Port Boards, to get good recommendations for tour companies. They sell out quickly so book asap.

Yet another reason to book early, if you intend to book through the Cruise Line at all, is that, particularly on the smaller Ships (Regatta, Insignia, Nautica), Tours are sometimes cancelled due to lack of participation.

We are actually looking at the unlimited package for an upcoming 7 day cruise, since there is so little participation on our roll call. Just 3 posters, all of whom have been to the ports before.

I talked with my contact at O about this, and she assured me that we could book the unlimited package on our first day aboard, but pay an extra 10%, still get the 10% discount due to our amenity package, AND pay for it with shipboard credit.

Has anyone done this? I admit to being a bit skeptical, but I do have her email reply verifying that we can do this.

Could someone brief me, please, on what the "unlimited package" is, realizing of course costs vary from cruise to cruise? Shall I assume it means as many excursions as are available on a specific cruise? Thanks much.

Could someone brief me, please, on what the "unlimited package" is, realizing of course costs vary from cruise to cruise? Shall I assume it means as many excursions as are available on a specific cruise? Thanks much.

On O's website under excursions there is a link to a PDF file with the descriptions of the packages

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/exploreashore/default.aspx

Basically you can save up to 40% on the Unlimited collection & 25% on the World collection subject to a minimum number of excursions

• 2 months later...

Will you be sailing on the Sept. 20, 2015 cruise on the Insignia from Dubai to Singapore?

If so, I would like to get a group of passengers (16 max) to book private tours to the 4 ports in India and the 3 ports in Myanmar. I have spoken with a reputable tour company in India and have made arrangements to be picked up at the pier in each city. If interested, please join us.

I have an upcoming cruise planned on Insignia. Is it wise to pre-book excursions or can one wait until after embarkation (i.e., do they tend to sell out in advance)? Thanks for any advice.

If you are booked on the Insignia, Dubai to Singapore, 9/20/2015 and interested in a private group tour of the 4 cities in India, please let me know as I have been in contact with a tour company who will pick us up at each port. Payment is due at the end of each tour.

Thank you. Yes, I am sailing on that cruise and I am potentially interested in tours in Cochin and Mangalore, but not in Mumbai or Myanmar as I already have arrangements there.

If you wish to join us in Mangalore and Cochin, I will be happy to provide you with tour information and cost for each of these cities.

If you wish to join us in Mangalore and Cochin, I will be happy to provide you with tour information and cost for each of these cities.
Have you made arrangements for Goa?

Is there a possibility that we could join your tour in Myanmar as we have not made arrangements for the 3 days there.