Lunch on embarkation day, Grand Princess

ap0805

That information is just plain WRONG. We sailed on the Grand in March and these were the options available on embarkation day:

Da Vinci DR: 12pm -1:30pm - Lunch

Trident Grill & Pizzeria: 11:30am - 10:30pm

Horizon Court Buffet: 11:30am - 5:00pm - Lunch Buffet

Alfredo's Pizzeria: 11:30 - Late

International Cafe: 24 hours

Ice Cream Bar: 11;30am - 10:30pm

The above information will be listed on the back page of your Patter that you will find in your cabin.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

That's quite right. They've been advertizing an open dining room on embarkation day in the Patter for quite a while now. I don't think some people are checking the Patter on the first day & still report the old info from a few years ago when they were trying to steer people to the buffet. Of course it will take much longer to eat in the DR but if you're not in a hurry then it is open if you get there early enough.

We've loved lunch in the Da Vinci this last year. Nothing like starting off a cruise being spoiled. We think the salmon is the best on the whole cruise, there is a good appetizer with avocado, and soufflé for dessert.

That is my choice too. The menu is very limited.

There are a number of repo's. How many days was your cruise?

This was indeed just a 5 day repositioning cruise LA-Vancouver. I was unaware that a short cruise meant an abbreviated embarkation day lunch menu in the MDR. I think that may be relatively recent as I did 2 Pacific coastal 3 day cruises (Golden and Sapphire) over this past winter and there was a regular menu on embarkation day.

This was indeed just a 5 day repositioning cruise LA-Vancouver. I was unaware that a short cruise meant an abbreviated embarkation day lunch menu in the MDR. I think that may be relatively recent as I did 2 Pacific coastal 3 day cruises (Golden and Sapphire) over this past winter and there was a regular menu on embarkation day.

My coastal in March had the regular menu (I think.) It had all my regular stuff on it.

The CA Coastal menu was only introduced this January.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app