hows the buffet on breeze

mj cruiser

We have a younger child and like to eat at the buffet not all the time but quite a bit. I know food is subjective :) but would love some feedback! Havent been on carnival since we did Dream but looking forward to seeing the Breeze.

I was on the Breeze last summer, and found the food to be really good. I also grabbed Guy's Burgers once or twice, but my favorite spot is the Tandoor Palace (Indian cuisine) and the Blue Iguana Cantina. The buffet will have something for just about everyone, so I don't have any complaints with the selection or quality. There's also Fat Jimmy's BBQ (outside Ocean Plaza, deck 5) on sea days, but get there early, or before they open as the line can be long. They offer a selection of traditional BBQ fare, and it is good also.

We were on the 5/10 sailing of the BREEZE. The Lido Marketplace was very good, we really have nothing to complain about (except the floor being slicker than snot). It's so spread out that finding a seat was never a problem, and we loved the high top tables that run along the inner wall.

The food was just fine; the salads being excellent.

Guy's didn't impress me very much, but the Blueiguana Cantina was our favorite...the fresh burritos and tacos were outstanding.

The buffet is a buffet. After a few days it was boring and didn't like the breakfast buffet. And breakfast in the MDR took forever.

Our families loved Guy's Burgers and had pizza for late night snack time.

I'm sure your children will like the buffet. And yes, the floors are slippery.

Overall, we loved the Breeze and would certainly sail her again.

The buffet on the Breeze is just like all the other ships in the fleet....lots of choices, no better, no worse.

No, not really. Just off the Miracle and it has 4 buffet lines all the same. If I remember right Breeze had different cuisines on differ lines. Plus try the Italian restaurant at lunch- it is a must do. Free and very good. Plus as mentioned, BBQ on starboard side deck 5 -very good, line moves fast. Tandoor was good. Guys burgers is good and fast. Mongolian Wok is excellent but slow lines.

And don't forget the hot dog stand up on the sports square level. Good dogs with all the fixens.

Edited by HawkIVette

OP very good question as we are debating whether to go next year on the Breeze or not and food is important to me as we don't eat burgers, hot dogs, pizza, those fast food type foods.

We like to eat meat entrees, meat carvings, vegetables and wondering whether since there are a lot of places to eat tacos, burgers, hot dogs and such whether we be able to find what we want to eat for lunch, anybody have anything to comment whether the buffet offers anything that we eat for lunch?

OP very good question as we are debating whether to go next year on the Breeze or not and food is important to me as we don't eat burgers, hot dogs, pizza, those fast food type foods.

We like to eat meat entrees, meat carvings, vegetables and wondering whether since there are a lot of places to eat tacos, burgers, hot dogs and such whether we be able to find what we want to eat for lunch, anybody have anything to comment whether the buffet offers anything that we eat for lunch?

Yes - you should have no problem finding what you like to eat! We found all the buffet areas had a lot of varying foods. We are usually RCCL cruisers and were very pleasantly surprised with the buffet area - it had more variation and our kids (11 and 14) loved it too - we all like other things besides the fast food type stuff as well! ;)

We were on the 5/10 sailing of the BREEZE. The Lido Marketplace was very good, we really have nothing to complain about (except the floor being slicker than snot). It's so spread out that finding a seat was never a problem, and we loved the high top tables that run along the inner wall.

The food was just fine; the salads being excellent.

Guy's didn't impress me very much, but the Blueiguana Cantina was our favorite...the fresh burritos and tacos were outstanding.

They still didn't fix the issue with the slippery floor!!! That is crazy!!! I think its something with the coating or glazing or with the manufacturing of the tile. No matter how much they mopped or cleaned it to keep people from almost falling to sliding it didn't help. I would get my lunch from the Tandoor in the back of the ship, and walk to near Guys to meet other family members, and would have to walk slow to keep from falling. The Blue Iguana was my favorite along with the Tandoor over Guys also!!! Guys was good, but I just didn't prefer it over the others, and the lines were always long. I'm going to give them another try in a 7 weeks or 50 days.

We have a younger child and like to eat at the buffet not all the time but quite a bit. I know food is subjective :) but would love some feedback! Havent been on carnival since we did Dream but looking forward to seeing the Breeze.

We did an 8 day on Breeze last year and never even went to the MDR! The Lido Buffet was very good IMO, and then there is Guy's and the Blue Iguana, the pizza and Fat Jimmy's on sea days! My wife and I both thought the food, over all was very good.

• 2 weeks later...