Is there enough to keep my 16 yr old son entertained?

Oceansounds11

We took our family of 10 on their first cruise. The adults are one thing, however, regarding our four grandsons? The rule was simple. We had our anytime dinner time set, and, any or all could join us. Formal night? Everyone was expected at the same time and at the same table. Other than that, we seldom saw the boys. Amazing how they found their own way to enjoy the trip. They found many new friends on board and they enjoyed the excursions with their parents. Sometimes it is a little tough to let the birds fly. As long as they have some common sense regarding safety, politeness and don't become goofy, no problem. Asking their daily plans and having some idea of what they are doing and where they will be, they can always be found. If you want your alone time, just let them know where you will be and you wont see them. :rolleyes: Harry

We took our family of 10 on their first cruise. The adults are one thing, however, regarding our four grandsons? The rule was simple. We had our anytime dinner time set, and, any or all could join us. Formal night? Everyone was expected at the same time and at the same table. Other than that, we seldom saw the boys. Amazing how they found their own way to enjoy the trip. They found many new friends on board and they enjoyed the excursions with their parents. Sometimes it is a little tough to let the birds fly. As long as they have some common sense regarding safety, politeness and don't become goofy, no problem. Asking their daily plans and having some idea of what they are doing and where they will be, they can always be found. If you want your alone time, just let them know where you will be and you wont see them. :rolleyes: Harry

GREAT ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Thanks once again for ALL the advice. I was planning on leaving his phone at home, and I think my mind is made up now after reading previous post regarding cell phones charges.

Good advice!

Really looking forward to it now , 12th July can't come quick enough! If my teenagers are engrossed in all the activities mentioned above, I should have some 'me time' to read a good book :D Just need to choose one, any ideas??[/quote

Yes: "Here Come The Girls" by Milly Johnson- one woman wins a cruise from Southampton for herself and friends.

"Sicknote Goes Cruising"- Dennis Richards. Kindle or book from Amazon. True blogs by someone with an illness, who discovers cruising for the first time.

Milly Johnson's books should be available in most bookshops. She also has short stories on Kindle, including "Here Come the Boys", about missing the ship....( which she really did herself!)

There are books for sale on Indy, outside the duty free shop on Royal Promenade.

Enjoy! :)