Drinks included in Soda Package

Hello, I was wondering what drinks (aside from sodas, the lemonades and ice tea which anyone can get, etc) are included in the BASIC 6.50 a day soda package. For example, I did not know Shirley Temples are included in the package? Are there any more of these "mixed drinks" that are included?

Hello, I was wondering what drinks (aside from sodas, the lemonades and ice tea which anyone can get, etc) are included in the BASIC 6.50 a day soda package. For example, I did not know Shirley Temples are included in the package? Are there any more of these "mixed drinks" that are included?

Be forewarned, some ships allow things like Shirley Temples to be purchased with the soda package while others do not. I don't remember the ships that don't at this point but I am sure someone else will chime in shortly.

As for other drinks, if you are sailing on a ship with the freestyle machines your choices are pretty unlimited.

What ship are you sailing on?

On ships without a Freestyle machine, the $6.50 per day package is limited to these flavors from the fountain: Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Soda Water, and Tonic Water.

Edited by clarea

Be forewarned, some ships allow things like Shirley Temples to be purchased with the soda package while others do not. I don't remember the ships that don't at this point but I am sure someone else will chime in shortly.

As for other drinks, if you are sailing on a ship with the freestyle machines your choices are pretty unlimited.

What ship are you sailing on?

I'm actually on the Allure currently but have been getting mixed answers from bartenders. I've never been charged for a Shirley Temple on this ship (so far). I realize we have the freestyles, I'm really asking more for what you can get at the bar other than a glass of soda. Shirley Temples have the cherry syrup added, anything else "notable" that is included that I could only get at a bar?

I just got off the Serenade of the Seas and purchased the soda package. I used it for soda, bottled water and specialty coffees.

You must have had the Replenish package at $20 per day. The $6.50 per day package does not include specialty coffee or bottled water.

I was wondering the same thing. Got my kids the soda package for the Freedom on Sunday but they enjoy a Shirley Temple. I am wondering if they can order that with just the soda package.

I was wondering the same thing. Got my kids the soda package for the Freedom on Sunday but they enjoy a Shirley Temple. I am wondering if they can order that with just the soda package.

On Freedom, the soda package includes drinks from the Coke Freestyle machiines, with over 100 flavors. Unfortunately, the soda package does not include non-alcoholic cocktails. You would have to move up to the Replenish package ($20/day) for non-alcoholic cocktails.

Edited by clarea

On Freedom, the soda package includes drinks from the Coke Freestyle machiines, with over 100 flavors. Unfortunately, the soda package does not include non-alcoholic cocktails. You would have to move up to the Replenish package ($20/day) for non-alcoholic cocktails.

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have to carry your cup around on the ships with the Freestyle machines? I usually get the soda package but have never been on a ship with the machines. Does Allure have these machines. Oasis didn't when I was on it.

The only way to get a soda from the Freestyle machine is to use the special cup. If you are OK with the limited selection of flavors from a bar or restaurant, then your SeaPass card is all you need to get a drink.

The Freestyle machines are on Oasis and Allure now.

Edited by clarea

The only way to get a soda from the Freestyle machine is to use the special cup. If you are OK with the limited selection of flavors from a bar or restaurant, then your SeaPass card is all you need to get a drink.

The Freestyle machines are on Oasis and Allure now.

Bob,

Do you know what other ships have the freestyle machines?

Thanks

I've been on Freedom twice and my kids were never charged for a Shirley Temple with the basic soda package. In fact they have never been charged for a Shirley Temple on any ship. Granted that was before the new packages were rolled out but I doubt you will be charged. Anything beyond that (virgin colada or other frozen drinks) would definately require the replenish package.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a couple if years since we sailed with RCI so we are out of touch with some of the changes .

So I'll apologise in advance for asking something that may have already been asked !

We will be on the Vision next year and I understand that there will be changes on the ship ...

Does anyone know I these new soda machines ( that everyone has mentioned ) will be on the Vision and also where I can find info on the drinks packages available ... If I look on the web site it tells me I'm too early to book things .. But I'd still like to find out what's available ...

Another apology for this being rather long winded 😄

Many thanks

Happycruzer

It's been a couple if years since we sailed with RCI so we are out of touch with some of the changes .

So I'll apologise in advance for asking something that may have already been asked !

We will be on the Vision next year and I understand that there will be changes on the ship ...

Does anyone know I these new soda machines ( that everyone has mentioned ) will be on the Vision and also where I can find info on the drinks packages available ... If I look on the web site it tells me I'm too early to book things .. But I'd still like to find out what's available ...

Another apology for this being rather long winded

Many thanks

Happycruzer

Info on the beverage packages:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

Vision will not likely have the Freestyle machines. Royal seems to be limiting those to ships that are based in the US year round.

Edited by clarea

Another apology for this being rather long winded 😄

Many thanks

Happycruzer

Happycruzer,

What sailing are you on? We will be on the Vision October 7, 2015 round trip Barcelona.

Jodi

Hi Jodi, much as I'd love to say we were on the same cruise but in sorry we are on 1st September , round trip from Barcelona and taking in Venice , Kotor and Ravenna ... To celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary ...

I'm sure you will love the ports of call too !

Happy Cruzer,

Congratulations on 40 years, that is wonderful. I just returned from your itinery the first of June on the Serenade of the Seas. We had such a wonderful time we are going again, but we are going to Greece and Turkey instead of Venice, Ravenna and Kotor.

Have a great time.

Jodi

Edited by sf49ers