Hotel week prior to Oasis

researchfreak90

We are leaving on our honeymoon next May on Oasis of the Seas and want to spend a week before hand in ft. Lauderdale, on a beach and close by the port without spending a exorbitant amount of money(think around 160 a night tops). I do have a tickets a work account that gives me some pretty good prices on rooms and this is what I have narrowed it down to:

Courtyard by marriot beach 137/nt

Pelican Grand Beach Resort 148/nt

Westin Beach Resort 156/nt

Sheraton Beach 136/nt

Has anyone stayed at one or multiple of these hotels and have any feedback or suggestions? or any others they would recommend? Being on the beach is important.

I did stay at the Courtyard Marriott - Ft. Lauderdale Beach. The hotel was a courtyard -- It was however right across the street from the beach - I would stay there again, but I am not sure I would stay a week. The hotel does not offer an "in-room" safe (which makes me uncomfortable)

The Pelican Grand is the nicest but my favorite would be the Courtyard. I think it is really nice.

That said, take a look at http://www.Sunny.org and look at accommodations in Lauderdale-By-The-Sea.

It would be a fantastic place to spend a week on the beach, most accommodations are mom and pop and have kitchens in the rooms, and you can walk to lots of shops and dining.

Courtyard has a good location. I wouldn't choose the Sheraton. The lowest priced rooms are NOT nice and farthest from restaurants.

A week is pretty long for Ft L. Maybe rent a car and hit South Beach or Hollywood Beach to mis it up.