Mini Suite vs Balcony Question

Hi All,

My fiancé and I have a honeymoon cruise booked for February. We have a Spa Mini Suite currently booked and I'm wondering if we should just go ahead and downgrade to the Spa Balcony. It's a $500 savings to go to the Balcony, but I have one kind of odd question which might be the deal breaker. How much smaller is the Balcony shower than the Mini Suite? We want to be able to shower together :D

Thanks for any input!

P.S. We're not plus-sized people or anything haha

Hi All,

My fiancé and I have a honeymoon cruise booked for February. We have a Spa Mini Suite currently booked and I'm wondering if we should just go ahead and downgrade to the Spa Balcony. It's a $500 savings to go to the Balcony, but I have one kind of odd question which might be the deal breaker. How much smaller is the Balcony shower than the Mini Suite? We want to be able to shower together :D

Thanks for any input!

P.S. We're not plus-sized people or anything haha

What ship are you booked on?

Is showering together really worth $500? Wow. When I was a newlywed it was only worth about $49.95.

Edited to add: I had a regular balcony on the Getaway (same thing). 2 large people could have maneuvered in the shower. Those same 2 people could have paid for several photographs from the professional ship photographers for lifelong memories with that $500.00. Just my opinion.

Edited by LrgPizza

Hope you get your answer. Is this your first cruise? Showers and water pressure tend to be different on cruise ships than in hotels, i.e. smaller and less intense. Not as fun as in a nice hotel bathroom.

Is showering together really worth $500? Wow. When I was a newlywed it was only worth about $49.95.

Edited to add: I had a regular balcony on the Getaway (same thing). 2 large people could have maneuvered in the shower. Those same 2 people could have paid for several photographs from the professional ship photographers for lifelong memories with that $500.00. Just my opinion.

LOL! Love your comment about the cost. The larger bathroom is what really sold me on the mini suite in the first place for the convenience of having the extra room to both get ready at the same time. And after being together for 5+ years we still rarely shower alone :P I just wanted to make sure that we weren't downgrading to a "shower stall."

They may just end up with a lifelong memory nine months later from that extra $500 ... who can tell? :)

I had a mid ship mini suite on the Breakaway and loved the huge shower! You could probably fit 4 or so people in it. If you really love showering together and want the trip to be special, then book the mini suite.

The regular balcony showers are decent sized, but nothing like the mini suite showers. Have you thought about switching your cabin to a regular mini suite and not a spa one?

There is a link in my signature to my breakaway pictures if you want to see a regular mini suite bathroom.

I guess I'm super confused about this post (maybe it's just me) because you mention the spa mini suite to the spa balcony, then mentioned the mini suite and a balcony. So at this point, I'm not really sure what it is you actually have booked and what it is that you want to downgrade to.

All I can tell you is the "mini" suite showers are heaven with plenty of room!!! Plus the shower HEADS up and down the walls. Yea, you won't have a problem in that shower.

P5170055-L.jpg

P5170056-L.jpg

P5170057-L.jpg

P5170058-L.jpg

All I can tell you is the "mini" suite showers are heaven with plenty of room!!! Plus the shower HEADS up and down the walls. Yea, you won't have a problem in that shower.

I guess my vision of heaven differs from yours. That shower doesn't even come close to heavenly.

I guess my vision of heaven differs from yours. That shower doesn't even come close to heavenly.

Have you ever stayed in an interior room? (From the sounds of it...the answer is no). Well, if anyone has ever stayed in an interior room OR even on some of the older ships regular balcony room....then yes, you would call this heavenly compared to them. ;)