Problems Booking Underground Colosseum Tour Online?

AEGBRG

Hi everyone,

Has anyone successfully been able to purchase their Colosseum, underground and third ring tour online? I went to coupculture's website (http://www.coopculture.it/en/) and was unable to find a way to purchase them online. It appears the only option is to call. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Also, for those of you who have done the tour, is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

you don't have to spend extra $ on going through a tour company. Underground tours can only be made by calling the phone number on the coopculture website. They speak English but only release dates twice a month. I had to wait until June 16 to call for an Aug 2 tour. No problem at all. I got an immediate email confirmation to take with me.

We were in Rome in November 2011 and had a pre-purchased the tour, but it was closed underground due to the floods that occurred. We still had the guide and did the upper level. We were just back in Rome on 6/6/14, and I again booked the tour. We were able to due both the underground and upper level.

I thought the guide we had in 2011 was a much better guide with a lot more information, but she was also an archeological major in school.

This year I had to call to book, I never got the email confirmation but did not have any problems with them looking it up when we arrived. There was quite a line waiting for tickets (we did the 1:20pm tour, and it was fairly hot that day). This was the only time that worked for our schedule, as we were in Rome for just the day.

you don't have to spend extra $ on going through a tour company. Underground tours can only be made by calling the phone number on the coopculture website. They speak English but only release dates twice a month. I had to wait until June 16 to call for an Aug 2 tour. No problem at all. I got an immediate email confirmation to take with me.

Can you provide more details of "twice a month". How did you know what day to call? I need tickets for October so did you mean they release tickets two months before?

Thanks!

We did the underground tour in late May and thought it was well worth it for the cost.

As stated above, you need to phone to book. They will want to sell you both the admission ticket (which includes the Forum and Palatine) and the tour. If you want to go to the Forum or Palatine before the tour then my understanding is that this won't work as you pick up the tickets as you enter the Colosseum so have to go there first.

We ordered entrance tickets online and then called for the tour. When we called we told them we had entrance tickets and gave them our reference number so they got our details that way, rather than having to quote email addresses, which people do have trouble with because of the language.

Our tour guide was very good and it was great to see those areas. I'd recommend it.

Every third party tour I've seen has been massively more expensive than booking direct.

Can you provide more details of "twice a month". How did you know what day to call? I need tickets for October so did you mean they release tickets two months before?

Thanks!

I'm not sure what the reference to twice a month meant, but they seem to release the tickets in batches. Our tickets for late May became available in April, from memory. At that time thy made a month or two available.

I've just heard that dates for the underground tour for September onwards will be released on 2 August, when you will have to phone for tickets. The timings of the tours look the same as currently advertised on their website.

Hope that helps someone.

Hi everyone,

Has anyone successfully been able to purchase their Colosseum, underground and third ring tour online? I went to coupculture's website (http://www.coopculture.it/en/) and was unable to find a way to purchase them online. It appears the only option is to call. Has anyone else had the same issue?

Also, for those of you who have done the tour, is it worth it?

Thanks in advance.

I was on the site yesterday - booking page does not respond . I too have a question: Is this like the Vatican, with assigned times, or "hop on the next tour" type of thing ?

I was on the site yesterday - booking page does not respond . I too have a question: Is this like the Vatican, with assigned times, or "hop on the next tour" type of thing ?

The tours have assigned times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I call on June 23rd for my august 4th tour, I think they release at least 1 month ahead. mine is 940, 22 euro for 2 and email you once approval and charge your credit card, but the email only available in italian only, the operator says it only comes in this way. I intend to buy roma pass, so I tell the operator I only need the tour.

I call on June 23rd for my august 4th tour, I think they release at least 1 month ahead. mine is 940, 22 euro for 2 and email you once approval and charge your credit card, but the email only available in italian only, the operator says it only comes in this way. I intend to buy roma pass, so I tell the operator I only need the tour.

I just printed out my vouchers for the nite underground tour which isn't until October.. ticketitaly was very prompt and effecient...all my emails from them were in english.. I didn't call.. they were prompt in replying to emails..

I just printed out my vouchers for the nite underground tour which isn't until October.. ticketitaly was very prompt and effecient...all my emails from them were in english.. I didn't call.. they were prompt in replying to emails..

I'm not sure what the night underground tour consists of, but booking through another company is always an option if you don't want to get involved with calling etc.

People should just be aware that you do pay for it. My understanding is that the underground tours are the same, with the same tour guides, whether you book with coopculture or with a tour company. Entrance to the colosseum and the underground tour costs €21 through coopculture (including entry to the forum and palatine. Through tickitaly the exact same thing costs €28.50 on most days but they seem to charge €57 on some occasions.

It's a choice for people to make, but for three of us, I'd rather make the phone call to save €20.

I'm not sure what the night underground tour consists of, but booking through another company is always an option if you don't want to get involved with calling etc.

People should just be aware that you do pay for it. My understanding is that the underground tours are the same, with the same tour guides, whether you book with coopculture or with a tour company. Entrance to the colosseum and the underground tour costs €21 through coopculture (including entry to the forum and palatine. Through tickitaly the exact same thing costs €28.50 on most days but they seem to charge €57 on some occasions.

It's a choice for people to make, but for three of us, I'd rather make the phone call to save €20.

I paid 27.50 euros per ticket for the underground nite tour thru ticket italy.. and no cost for phone calls

I paid 27.50 euros per ticket for the underground nite tour thru ticket italy.. and no cost for phone calls

I just looked at the night tour and it doesn't seem to include Palatine or Forum entrance and doesn't go to the top level of the colosseum, so I don't think it's really comparable to the official underground tour. Doesn't seem a bad price though for what it is.

I just looked at the night tour and it doesn't seem to include Palatine or Forum entrance and doesn't go to the top level of the colosseum, so I don't think it's really comparable to the official underground tour. Doesn't seem a bad price though for what it is.

Yes the nite tour is only done on a couple of nites a week. We have been there before during the day and did the forum etc. so we thought this would be different for us and felt the price was right. .