CAS Tournevent Cruise August 9 on Getaway

riddle

Ok, I have another thread going but has anyone else gotten a card to go on the Getaway on 8/9 for a slot tournament cruise? Has anyone else ever gone on one of these cruises and what are they like?

Ok, I have another thread going but has anyone else gotten a card to go on the Getaway on 8/9 for a slot tournament cruise? Has anyone else ever gone on one of these cruises and what are they like?

Yes, we got one too, never been on a slot tournament cruise but have cruised with CAS. Sounds like fun but we can't fit it into our schedule this summer. ;)

Also received one but I'm going to pass on it. Heard it's difficult to get a machine due to so many CAS players on the cruise and it seems more expensive to me. I'm booked on the Breakaway through CAS for thanksgiving week (where prices are higher) and it's CHEAPER than the rate they gave me on the slot cruise. So doesn't sound to appealing to me.

Just spoke with CAS and we would incur cancellation charges if we changed our July 12 cruise now.

As for the 8/9 slot tournament cruise, the cruise is free with an inside room except for the normal taxes and port fees. There is no fee to be in the tournament but there are additional buyins if you get knocked out and want back in.

Are you referring to more expensive to upgrade than the Nov. cruise? We cruised over Thanksgiving last year on the Epic and the prices were very good.

Still trying to figure out what to do. Two free cruises on the same ship 4 weeks apart. DH won't fly and the drive is 1100 miles.

Just spoke with CAS and we would incur cancellation charges if we changed our July 12 cruise now.

As for the 8/9 slot tournament cruise, the cruise is free with an inside room except for the normal taxes and port fees. There is no fee to be in the tournament but there are additional buyins if you get knocked out and want back in.

Are you referring to more expensive to upgrade than the Nov. cruise? We cruised over Thanksgiving last year on the Epic and the prices were very good.

Still trying to figure out what to do. Two free cruises on the same ship 4 weeks apart. DH won't fly and the drive is 1100 miles.

Yes upgrading to a balcony cabin. Got a rate of $1,300 for two of us for thanksgiving cruise on the Breakaway through CAS and the slot tournament cruise they wanted $1,500 for two of us (both cruises balcony cabins). Like I said not so appealing to me I'm passing on it.

Don't get me wrong I think both are great prices considering if you price it on line they are both over $2,000 but don't get why thanksgiving cruise is cheaper than the August 9th one.

I received the offer, and perhaps it's just me, but I don't see where it indicates that it's a Slots or BJ tournament... though there's a photo of people at slots on the front.

Odd that they'd send it my way, since I don't play those things!

OK.. so I just got off the phone with CAS and was told that mine would be for an oceanview cabin (I can already tell you, that's not happening). They said it's FREE, other than the (just over!) $300 per person in fees/taxes. Funny, when I do a dummy booking online, the fees/taxes are only $115 pp ! I pointed that out and was told that it's because some of the $799 list rate includes taxes. Smells a little fishy to me (not sure if the fish is swimming forward or aft)... ;)

However, I could upgrade to a balcony, but it would not be just the additional amount (between the two categories). I didn't have time to wait on hold any longer for the breakdown. They're all sold out of suites for this sailing so I was looking at an aft (large) balcony. Right off the bat it's $500 more pp over the outside rate. Thus I'd be in the neighborhood of $1,600 oop to sail in that cabin... and for... slots?? LOL

Tom

I got the offer and I'm going. I was on the Sun last year when they had the slot tournament and had no problem getting a machine. I wasn't in the tournament on the Sun. The cost is NCF of $190 plus taxes and port charges of $115.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I got the offer and I'm going. I was on the Sun last year when they had the slot tournament and had no problem getting a machine. I wasn't in the tournament on the Sun. The cost is NCF of $190 plus taxes and port charges of $115.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

NCF... yep, that's what she mentioned. Odd that they do it that way... when I've booked "free" promos in the past (not w/NCL) it's been totally free (once) and the other times it's just the customary port fees/taxes.

Seems NCL wants to get just a wee bit more for their trouble. Not that there's anything wrong with that.. just FREE is a bit more of a stretch by their definition.

Tom

Got the same offer for the tourn-event August 9th I decided to take this offer as the date worked well for my family. Cost to me for the inside room is $600 for two. I also had an offer from carnival which aim going to pass on. Same offer for two people inside room. It only $288. For two people. Very tempting but I am more of Ncl fan.

OK this is just crazy. Yesterday in the mail I got a free cruise from CAS for a fall sailing on one of 5 ships (Jewel, Sun, Breakaway, Getaway or Epic). Looks like "most" weeks in Oct, Nov or Dec are available.

DH wants to skip the August trip and just do the one we are doing on July 12 and schedule one for the fall. He's probably right but I am a cruise nut so what can I say. Will probably go solo in August or with a friend.

I have never, ever been given 3 free cruises in the space of 30 days. I am not a big gambler. I never get more than 20% off if I call CAS. I really don't know what has changed.