Carnival share price

Tangoqueen

Well I've done it and very happy I have. I am now an official Carnival shareholder. First shares I've ever bought and the excitement of pressing the "deal" button was worth it. I shall enjoy my shareholders benefit in just over 3 weeks and shall enjoy every sip of it! Cheers. Thanks also for the personal feedback and thoughts of posters on here.

IF you are looking to make a killing in the market, leave this one alone.

If you are looking for a dividend that gives you a decent yield and you cruise on a Carnival branded ship, this is the one.

I pay less than $8 a trade. If I wanted to I could purchase and sell as soon as I was issued the credit and that would cost me $16. That is more than covered by the OBC for even a short trip.

@Tangoqueen, make sure you get the proof of shares in ASAP. You do not get the OBC simply because you own the stock.

Well I've done it and very happy I have. I am now an official Carnival shareholder. First shares I've ever bought and the excitement of pressing the "deal" button was worth it. I shall enjoy my shareholders benefit in just over 3 weeks and shall enjoy every sip of it! Cheers. Thanks also for the personal feedback and thoughts of posters on here.

Well done! Remember, the shareholder benefit is not automatic - you must apply for it.

You need to send proof of share ownership plus cruise booking reference number to Karen Hawkins on shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com asap

• 2 weeks later...

HI. I didn't want to start yet another Carnival shareholder thread but wanted to ask a question.

As you need a copy of a statement(and cruise booking number) to apply for the OBC, how long does it take to receive your first statement after buying shares? We have Princess and Cunard cruises during and after October and wonder if we would have time for things to be processed.

Many thanks.

... how long does it take to receive your first statement after buying shares? ...
Should be available instanter if your brokerage account is accessible online.

HI. I didn't want to start yet another Carnival shareholder thread but wanted to ask a question.

As you need a copy of a statement(and cruise booking number) to apply for the OBC, how long does it take to receive your first statement after buying shares? We have Princess and Cunard cruises during and after October and wonder if we would have time for things to be processed.

Many thanks.

Hi maz. I believe that the length of time statements are issued varies depending on the brokerage firm from which you purchase the stock. However, a confirmation of your stock purchase should be forthcoming soon after your purchase. While you should have no problem getting your stockholder's on board credit if you purchase the stock at least 5 weeks prior to sail date, I suggest you discuss with your broker how long it will take for him or her to send you confirmation of your purchase. Regards, S.

Edited to add: CCL requirement is that you apply for the stockholder's benefit at least 2 weeks prior to your voyage. My suggestion of sending it in 5 weeks prior is just me being extra cautious.:)

For additional info, see http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

Edited by Salacia

Many thanks.

As you are in the UK you will be dealing with Karen Hawkins at Cunard Shareholders Office in Southampton. She has access to the share register and can identify that you hold shares. Just contact her at shareholderbenefits@carnivalukgroup.com with the cruise details and booking reference and hopefully she can assist. You should be able to get documents from wherever you purchased the shares though.

Thank you both:). Posted this and then saw Capt's post. Thank you. I wonder if there is someone like Karen who is as helpful at Princess's offices. Makes a difference.

Edited by maz48

Thank you both:). Posted this and then saw Capt's post. Thank you. I wonder if there is someone like Karen who is as helpful at Princess's offices. Makes a difference.

Maz, I don't know if this will be of any help, but someone asked a similar question on the Princess forum a couple of months ago, and the reply was "Send an email to Sean Sturgess, at Benefits@princesscruises.co.uk " copied from http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2042468

Received an acknowledgement from Karen Hawkins' office that $250 shareholder OBC has been granted for my cruise. That took less than 24 hours so very impressed with the service.

You are very fortunate in the UK that you have a real person to e-mail who will actually reply.

Here in North America we have to send requests by fax as Cunard apparently isn't familiar with e-mail on this side of the Atlantic.

I have now requested an shareholder OBC 6 times, each time I have asked for confirmation by phone or e-mail and never have I received confirmation.

The 4th time I sought the OBC I checked at reception desk on QM2 that it had in fact been credited to my shipboard account. It had not. I had a copy of the fax I had sent including proof of share ownership which I provided to reception. I then had to wait for it to be reviewed by an 'auditor.' This wasted my time with repeat visits to reception, promised calls from reception that were never made and finally the word that my request wasn't accepted. When I protested I was told I would have to speak to the Cunard office in Valencia, California which I did by satellite phone at their expense. This wasted more time but it took only a couple of minutes for the office to confirm my OBC.

My conclusion from all this is that the shareholder OBC is an excellent return on a 100 share investment. Since I purchased 100 shares in 2011 my OBC return has been $1,050, the stock growth has been about 16% (been higher but the share price has dropped in the last few weeks) and the dividend yield is about 2.75%. A good investment considering how often we take QM2.

But the system is set up to be as consumer unfriendly as possible, making confirmed access difficult. And if you have a problem on board the reception desk management seems to have no authority and no interest to fix things. After my bad experience I now fax in my request and then phone a few days later to confirm the OBC.

Edited by SEFlyer

You are very fortunate in the UK that you have a real person to e-mail who will actually reply.

Here in North America we have to send requests by fax as Cunard apparently isn't familiar with e-mail on this side of the Atlantic.

I have now requested an shareholder OBC 6 times, each time I have asked for confirmation by phone or e-mail and never have I received confirmation.

The 4th time I sought the OBC I checked at reception desk on QM2 that it had in fact been credited to my shipboard account. It had not. I had a copy of the fax I had sent including proof of share ownership which I provided to reception. I then had to wait for it to be reviewed by an 'auditor.' This wasted my time with repeat visits to reception, promised calls from reception that were never made and finally the word that my request wasn't accepted. When I protested I was told I would have to speak to the Cunard office in Valencia, California which I did by satellite phone at their expense. This wasted more time but it took only a couple of minutes for the office to confirm my OBC.

My conclusion from all this is that the shareholder OBC is an excellent return on a 100 share investment. Since I purchased 100 shares in 2011 my OBC return has been $1,050, the stock growth has been about 16% (been higher but the share price has dropped in the last few weeks) and the dividend yield is about 2.75%. A good investment considering how often we take QM2.

But the system is set up to be as consumer unfriendly as possible, making confirmed access difficult. And if you have a problem on board the reception desk management seems to have no authority and no interest to fix things. After my bad experience I now fax in my request and then phone a few days later to confirm the OBC.

Not too long ago, North American passengers were able to apply for the

CCL stockholders credit by e-mail. Now it is fax only. Several corporations have change to fax for various reasons - mostly because it leaves no electronic paper trail, and claimed to be more secure.

I also had a problem getting my stockholder credit applied while on board, despite having all the necessary paperwork. But after a few conversations at the Pursar Desk, it was finally credited - in Pounds, not US Dollars -which lead to further discussions.

Also my Future Cruise Credit wasn't showing on my on board statement...oh yes, I remember the fun times spent at the Pursar Office during that cruise. :eek:

Edited by Salacia

CCL stockholders credit by e-mail. Now it is fax only. ...

No, snail mail worked fine, and fast, for me last month. The address is:

Booking Support

24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

CCL stockholders credit by e-mail. Now it is fax only. Several corporations have change to fax for various reasons - mostly because it leaves no electronic paper trail, and claimed to be more secure.

I also had a problem getting my stockholder credit applied while on board, despite having all the necessary paperwork. But after a few conversations at the Pursar Desk, it was finally credited - in Pounds, not US Dollars -which lead to further discussions.

Also my Future Cruise Credit wasn't showing on my on board statement...oh yes, I remember the fun times spent at the Pursar Office during that cruise. :eek:

I also take a copy of the paperwork with me, just in case they don't credit us.

We failed to get the credit only once. Somehow, someone was confused because there was an OBC from our TA for the same amount. I guess they thought it was the same credit accidentally appearing twice, so they killed the "extra" one. They looked into the situation, but the crossing was over before they could solve the problem. We figured there was nothing more to do, no way to pursue it further. We were surprised when our next bill for the credit card we had used on board showed a credit from Cunard for $100, the amount of the OBC.

Edited by 3rdGenCunarder

Booking Support

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Agreed. Few seem to realize that the post office is still very reliable at their job.

Those who find fault with the lack of email addresses do not factor in the dangers of opening attached files to computer systems. There are a lot of very nasty people out there who delight in the mischief they cause with viruses, worms, trojans, etc.

I have had my Carnival shares now for about 20 months. In that time I have received $US1200 in OBC (6 cruises, some at $250 and some at $100) and £UK139 in dividends. I have put the equivalent amount of money away in an investment account after each cruise or dividend payment, so if anything drastic happens to the shares then I don't see myself as having lost out in the long term. Meanwhile, I've had a lot of fun out of the shares!

My plan is that when I can no longer afford cruises, I can sell the shares for one last cruise.

I have found Karen Hawkins and her team to be excellent! I am in the habit of booking last-minute cruises. Seeing I buy my shares through an online account with a bank, they are not in my name. I have to contact the bank every time for the confirmation. My system now is to phone my bank and ask them to email Karen direct. I email Karen to tell her to expect the information. For my last cruise I booked on the Friday and sailed on the Sunday - and they still managed to credit my OBC by about the first Wednesday of the cruise. I then approached the Purser's desk, all ready to show the confirmation email on my laptop. I was told they did not need to see it; my notification meant they would generate a query back to Carnival House. Within a few days I received a phone call in my stateroom to tell me that the OBC had been credited.

An email direct from a bank, probably from a person who Karen knows through dealing with them, would be more acceptable than a scan of a share certificate from my own computer (with the added risk of viruses). A straight email with no attachments is safe. Before that I had to find a company with a fax machine and that was a problem.

I always send an email back to Karen telling her how fantastic she is. Each time I expect that they won't be able to help me - but each time they manage it. They would be within their stated rights to refuse it to me but they always oblige.

I have found Karen Hawkins and her team to be excellent! ...
I couldn't agree more about Karen Hawkins. Last month when I mistakenly emailed her my shareholder info from the US she instantly replied:

Thank you for your shareholder enquiry.

I process shareholder benefit for P&O Cruises and Cunard Line booked in the UK. For US bookings please refer to the contact details on the attachment. Unfortunately there is no email address available.

I attach page 4 of the Annual report [contains the US snail mail address] which may be of help to you.

I wish you a most enjoyable cruise on Queen Mary 2.

Kind regards

Karen Hawkins

Which prompted the following exchange of emails:

Dear Ms Hawkins,

Thank you for helping me apply for the shareholder OBC.

Perhaps you could suggest to those responsible for

https://ask.cunard.com/help/cunard/before-you-sail/shareholder_use

that they provide different information to enquiries from the US.

Thanks again,

Paul

Thank you for your email.

Please will you clarify and I will be happy to respond to you.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Karen

Karen, the problem is that entering "shareholders' OBC" at ask.cunard.com leads only to your email address

and a UK snail mail address.

The only way to get this address for US shareholders

Booking Support

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Tel 800 872 6779 ext. 30317

Fax 661 753 0180

is via the "Shareholder Benefit" link at

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

The problem belongs to the administrators of the ask.cunard.com website and I just wondered if

you could light a fire under them for me.

Thanks for your concern; your helpfulness is to your credit and to Cunard's (at least to your part of Cunard).

Paul

Agreed. Few seem to realize that the post office is still very reliable at their job.

Those who find fault with the lack of email addresses do not factor in the dangers of opening attached files to computer systems. There are a lot of very nasty people out there who delight in the mischief they cause with viruses, worms, trojans, etc.

Well then, let's just dump the internet as a means of communication for business and customer service.

Maybe we should also ask Cunard to retrofit QM2 to power her with coal. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Booking Support

Santa Clarita, CA 91355

Hi pmb1. Thanks for the correction* BTW, what do you consider "fast"? That is to ask: how much time do you allow for submitting your request via the post office and getting a return confirmation by snail mail from Booking Support in California? Thanks again, -Salacia

*As I posted previously, for more information see http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

I have had my Carnival shares now for about 20 months. In that time I have received $US1200 in OBC (6 cruises, some at $250 and some at $100) and £UK139 in dividends. I have put the equivalent amount of money away in an investment account after each cruise or dividend payment, so if anything drastic happens to the shares then I don't see myself as having lost out in the long term. Meanwhile, I've had a lot of fun out of the shares!

My plan is that when I can no longer afford cruises, I can sell the shares for one last cruise.

Hi fantasy. That's a great idea about putting the equivalent amount of OBC money and dividends in an investment account. But I've spent both while on board. Any dividends and on board credits I received were spent on Hotel and Dining Charges. Even then, it didn't cover all the H&D charges or added gratuities. But it was a help in covering the cost, which I certainly appreciate (and I hope the staff does too!).

Let's not kid ourselves: 100 share stockholders apply investment revenue back into the Corporation. If only the same could be said of the largest stockholders - Mr. Arison et al. -S.