Halifax - Fisherman's Cove via the Harbor Queen

Has anyone done this excursion and/or does anyone have pictures of the excursion?

Here is the description from the Princess website:

YOUR FISHERMAN’S COVE EXCURSION

From the pier, you will be guided on a 5-6 minute walk to board the Harbor Queen I at Tall Ships Quay. This Mississippi-style Stern Wheeler is equipped with washrooms, a fully licensed bar where beverages are available for purchase. (Coffee and tea are complimentary). The Harbour Queen I offers a choice of decks, a lower section enclosed and heated while the top deck is open to the fresh air. Your experienced guide will inform and entertain you about the historic sites as you make your way across the harbour to the picturesque Fisherman’s Cove, a restored 200-year old fishing village where you will have approximately two and a half hours to browse throughout this charming fishing village and experience local crafts, restaurants, and the seaside boardwalk.

I am thinking of combining this with a trip to Peggy's Cove for the day in Halifax.

• 2 weeks later...

Get a local private tour company to do this tour for you. The ship will charge you more than necessary to do the two tours combined. I will suggest you look into the Halifax web sites and arrange for a local tour guide to drive you, besides it is always better knowing that you are supporting the local tour companies and not some rich cigar smoking dud sitting in an air-conditioned office waiting to lay his hands on your money while others work for him.:rolleyes:

Get a local private tour company to do this tour for you. The ship will charge you more than necessary to do the two tours combined. I will suggest you look into the Halifax web sites and arrange for a local tour guide to drive you, besides it is always better knowing that you are supporting the local tour companies and not some rich cigar smoking dud sitting in an air-conditioned office waiting to lay his hands on your money while others work for him.:rolleyes:

Actually - I am taking your advice. This past weekend I hired a local guide for the entire day. I am not fully sure what all we are doing yet (I need to do more research on my interests) but we will be going to Peggy's Cove and then whatever else I want to do. I thought his rates were pretty reasonable and am looking forward to my day in Halifax!

Archived