Considering 2 tours from St. John NB - St. Andrews and St. Martins

St John, NB - we are looking at doing one of two different tours:

St. Andrews by the Sea

St. Martins getaway

Does anyone have pictures of either excursion and any comments on either excursion? I was leaning towards St. Martins but am now leaning towards St. Andrews. So confused!

Thanks!

This information is based on growing up in New Brunswick, and I have no input on excursions.

Saint John is a pretty easy city to get around, and outside of Market Square and the Reversing Falls not alot to see. Take a bus or taxi, and save your money.

St.Andrews is another story, it is very pretty and well worth the time to go out there. The Algonquin is lovely....hope your tour has a snack stop there!!! The whale watching is also very good from here. But beware it can be cool-tempature wise.

I've never been to St.Martins, but after doing a quick search on Google, I think I missed out...below is a N.B gov't link for St.Martins:

http://new-brunswick.net/new-brunswick/stmartins/

Here is the offical site for St. Matins. http://www.stmartinscanada.com/

The offical site for St. Andrews is http://www.standrewsnb.ca/

and for Saint John www.tourismsaintjohn.com

The link in the above post is not a government site. It is a site provided by an outside company.

Depending on what you are interested in all 3 places have great things to do.

Saint John has a lot of historic buildings and museums. The old City Market, Loyalist Burial Ground, New Brunswick Museum, Martello Tower, Harbour Passage, as well as the Trinity Royal History District.

Also in Saint John is Reversing Fall, and depending on the time you are here it can either be very interesting or just a river and bay flowing.

St. Martins is about a 45 min. drive from Saint John. This is a little village that has Sea Caves carved in the sand stone cliff from the tide coming in and out twice a day. Very interesting to walk out to them, but again it depends on what day and the time you arrive as to if you are able to walk out and explore the caves.

There is also the Fundy trail in St. Martins, this is a beautiful hiking trail along the rugged coast of the Bay of Fundy. On a very clear day you can look out from the trail and see Nova Scotia across the water.

St. Andrews is about 1h30m from Saint John. This is a small resort town that has lots of small shops to explore and the Algonquin Hotel, which you must see if you choose St. Andrews.

Feel free to ask more questions if needed

Archived