Bringing Wine on the Dawn

dongordon

How do you go about making arrangements for bringing wine onboard the Dawn?

How many bottles/cabin are allowed?

I know that there is a $15 corkage fee/bottle, but I know they do not have the wine we enjoy.

Don

Along the same lines, On Carnival you could buy a bottle of wine and have a glass with dinner each night. The wine steward would keep the bottle for you somewhere. What I am wondering if you don't finish your bottle will they hold it for you?

ANd if its Freestyle, how will they know in which dining room you are the next night?

Along the same lines, On Carnival you could buy a bottle of wine and have a glass with dinner each night. The wine steward would keep the bottle for you somewhere. What I am wondering if you don't finish your bottle will they hold it for you?

ANd if its Freestyle, how will they know in which dining room you are the next night?

No problem -they tag you bottle and store all the wine from all the resturants in one place. You can also if you want take the bottle to another bar or back to your cabin.

How do you go about making arrangements for bringing wine onboard the Dawn?

How many bottles/cabin are allowed?

I know that there is a $15 corkage fee/bottle, but I know they do not have the wine we enjoy.

Don

Just carry it on. Pe prepared to pay the corkage. If you are lucky you may not even end up paying it. :)

Great comments. Makes sense to keep all the wines in one area. Now, I wonder, where can we find the wines availible and price list to buy on board?

I think we will find something we like onboard. With a $15. corkage I would assume it is more reasonable to buy on the ship.

Great comments. Makes sense to keep all the wines in one area. Now, I wonder, where can we find the wines availible and price list to buy on board?

I think we will find something we like onboard. With a $15. corkage I would assume it is more reasonable to buy on the ship.

No problem :) I am sure you will find something on the list. I think it is pretty good the prices are not as bad as land based restuarants.

http://www.ncl.com/more/wine_list.htm

Just curious, as someone was asking on the virtualtourist site, but do they charge the corkage fee if you bring your own corkscrew? She had called CS and they seemed to say no, you could avoid the $15 if you opened it yourself, but I'm thinking that's not correct...

Just curious, as someone was asking on the virtualtourist site, but do they charge the corkage fee if you bring your own corkscrew? She had called CS and they seemed to say no, you could avoid the $15 if you opened it yourself, but I'm thinking that's not correct...

You'd be right in that assumption... The fee has nothing to do with who opens the bottle.

They charge the fee even if you open it yourself in your own cabin - according to policy. That does happen to some, but if it doesn't get noticed in your luggage you will of course not be charged if you are opening in your cabin.

Archived