Club 02 Question

Does anyone know how strict Carnival is when it comes to the age limit for Club 02? We will be traveling with 4 teens in May on the Pride. Three of the four will still be 17 (will turn 18 in August). One will have just turned 18 at the beginning of May. Not sure they will want to do Club 02 but if so I'm wondering if the one who just turned 18 would still be able to.

If the 18 year old can provide a school issued form of identification, they will be allowed to go to Club O2.

If they do not have a form of school identification, it will be up to the discretion of the camp counselors. If they are no longer in school, they will be prohibited from attending Club O2.

Ask the counselor when you get on the ship. With 3 friends in that age group they will most likely allow them in. Have them all go together to see the counselor and as long as they are courteous they will not have any issues.

Ask the counselor when you get on the ship. With 3 friends in that age group they will most likely allow them in. Have them all go together to see the counselor and as long as they are courteous they will not have any issues.

Thanks so much! We'll try that.

Well another person on this board has started a vendetta against anyone 18 and over in Club O2. My oldest daughter was let in while she was 18 and early 19. She was in school and as the last person pointed out it was up to the discretion of the person in charge. She says a 20 year old get involved with her 15 year old. It seems its on the Carnival website now and from what I read they will forbid anyone 18 and over. My youngest is turning 18 a few weeks before our summer cruise. She already hates the idea that if she wants to go dancing it will be with the adults. The oldest caught on she could get bought drinks and started hanging there at 19. Uhhh the efforts to keep an eye on her! If they are going to get rigid about this there should be something for 18-20 year olds.

Wow. I mean I do understand why there has to be a cutoff but I'm hoping that due to the circumstances they might allow him to go. Something for 18-20 year olds would be a good idea though. Of course that wouldn't help our predicament because then he'd still be on his own or stuck with all the parents lol.

I think Carnival is really shooting themselves in the foot by neglecting 18- to 20-year olds. I say the real problem is money: they can't give Carnival any bar revenue, they're too poor to buy jewelry and art from auctions, and they're too old to have their wealthier parents pay for other onboard purchases (souvenirs, arcade games, data overage charges, etc). Long story short: they are not a revenue-producing demographic, so Carnival doesn't feel a compelling need to keep them happy on their ships. But even though the look like an insignificant group because the age range is so short, such a short-sighted view will cause problems down the road.

Due to such draconian alcohol policies on cruises, most people 18 to 20 will shun them altogether in favor of AI's, many of which will serve you if you're tall enough to look over the bar. (I got served alcohol at an AI when I was 16, and tequila to boot.) Or if they still go on a cruise, they'll drink dangerous amounts in ports, to make up for the "dry laws" on the ship. Then, when they're over 21, and finally "good enough" to enjoy the bars on a cruise, they'll no longer want to go on one, because they already had past good experiences elsewhere and don't see a real reason to cruise in the first place.

Even being over 30, I still don't see a reason not to allow limited alcohol purchases to 18- to 20-year olds in international waters. It may not be healthiest thing for a young adult (heck, it's legal for them to smoke cigarettes), but if it makes or breaks a future lifetime customer, then the suits need to sit down and find a solution. RCI and NCL could do it; no reason for Carnival not to. Maybe something like a Junior Cheers program, with a limit of, say, 4 drinks per day, and a wait time of 1 hour between orders.

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01

I was just thinking about this when our son turns 18 and we cruise he will be Shucks out of luck, even though he will still be in high school. So we may have to forgo cruising till he is old enough to legally drink and want to hang out with the adults.

I think Carnival could still make some money off this age group (18-20) have a night club w/soda/milkshake/coffe/moster-redbull bar. Add a few computers and these kids could pay $5 per 20mins computer usage time. Or Wifi just in that room for $10 a night.

Think we need to start a letter campain to Carni for them to get their butts in gear on taking care of the forgotten group!

I guess I am in the minority about the 18-20 yo group. It is always about alcohol. There are a lot of people that don't drink alcohol. Many in all age groups. They can still go to the night club, order virgin drinks, gamble, and other things the adults can do, except drink.

I think this age group has a much better opportunity to meet others in their age group, then say a 30-50 adult, who doesn't drink and is traveling solo. Somehow they seem to find their own fun.

I guess I am in the minority about the 18-20 yo group. It is always about alcohol. There are a lot of people that don't drink alcohol. Many in all age groups. They can still go to the night club, order virgin drinks, gamble, and other things the adults can do, except drink.

I think this age group has a much better opportunity to meet others in their age group, then say a 30-50 adult, who doesn't drink and is traveling solo. Somehow they seem to find their own fun.

Yes both myself and my soon to be 18 year old daughter, who will be a senior in High School, thinks its a great idea she will be in a club atmosphere with 30-50 year olds. I guess using your logic this will be the perfect opportunity to teach her blackjack. Yes 30-50 solos do have a better chance of having fun, cause they have the experience to be social with their own peers. I think the former attitude was that if they were 18 and still in high school they are welcomed in O2. As a single father of young adult daughter(s) I can assure you they don't have the skills to be social with grown adults at 18...or even 19. That being said I have great communication with them and try to guide them in the right direction, but if you think they are going to the adult club to dance and not get hit on or offered drinks, then that might be mistaken. I like NCL position if the person is 18-20 they can drink light alcohol drinks like beer with my permission. As one poster in another thread pointed out, we end up on islands where the age drops below 21 and this crowd attempts to drink mixed drinks. This is not a flame on you, it just seems strange that 18 year olds will not be welcomed in O2 based on a story posted on this board. Heaven forbid we continue to let these 18 year olds remain in High Schools.

On our cruise last year my 15 yr old Junior daughter met a bunch of kids at Club O2 then they hardly ever went back. To my girls its a place to meet kids then they all hang out in different areas of the ship. They even met a couple of French Canadians guys who were just out of high school and were 19. They met them outside of Club O2. They all had a lot of fun and hung out for the whole week. No alcohol, just good kids having a blast. I think its nice for them to meet kids from all over. My girls still talk to kids on social media that they have met on cruises. We are going on a cruise in 3 wks and both my girls are now of age to be in Club O2, one is 16 ( a rising senior) and the other is 15 (a rising sophomore). Believe me, if you son or daughter is outgoing, no matter what age they are, they will find young people to hang out with.

Sent from my iPad using Forums