Hotels close to Heathrow

I thought I had posted this question last night, but I couldn't find it. So here it is again.

We would appreciate any information on a reasonably priced hotel in the vicinity of Heathrow. The only one we are familar with is the Hilton. It is very pricey.

There are a number of hotels immediately adjacent to the airport, and a handful more that are pretty close by. Why do you need to stay near Heathrow, and which terminals will you be using?

The Hilton is at T4, and the Jurys Inn (near Hatton Cross Tube) is quite convenient for T4 as well. Otherwise, most of the other hotels are on the Bath Road to the north side of the airport, and there is quite a range at different price levels.

If you're just needing somewhere to park yourself for a few hours, it would be a classic scenario for using Priceline. But if you are going to there for longer and make more use of the hotel, then you might want to be more picky - but then again one might ask why you need to stay near the airport rather than at a hotel in town.

Thank you both for the information.

The reason for the hotel at the airport is we are taking a post trip to N. Ireland. Rather then making a long day leaving Ireland in the morning to catch a noon flight, we decided we would fly into Heathrow the night before our departure, which would make the long trip back to Calif. a little easier. So as you can see we will not be spending much time at the hotel. . Basically looking for clean and easy access to Terminal 4.

What did we ever do before CC? Each time we have asked for help someone has always come to our rescue.

Many thanks :)

Bob & Lesley

Where you stay is much of a muchness really. You'll arrive from Ireland at Terminal 1, so you can either stay on the north side and then go over to Terminal 4 in the morning - and if your flight's at noon you'll have plenty of time anyway. Or you can go over to the south side that evening so as to have a really easy morning.

The Hilton would be ideal for the latter, but as you say it's not cheap and really you'd only want to do that if you can get it at a good price.

The Jury's Inn is an interesting option because (if you want to be sophisticated/cheapskate about it) you could go to the central bus station and get a free bus to Hatton Cross tube and walk to the Jury's Inn from there. In the morning, you can walk back to Hatton Cross tube and get the free shuttle bus to T4, which is provided because there is currently no tube running between Hatton Cross and T4. But I only mention this with my tongue firmly in my cheek because it's really rather more hassle than it's worth for most people.

Archived