Carnival Breeze - New Adult Life

DiehardFF

I tried to come up with a title that would capture the scope of my questions haha.

Anyways, this will be my 4th carnival cruise this weekend(9th overall) and first time on one of carnivals newest ships. I just turned 18 this year and am rather a little unsure on how I think the week will go lol. I am traveling with my family. The biggest question I have is whether to make a effort to join club o2(just graduated HS this month) as I absolutely it on prior cruises plus I made a lot of friends or do I go into the unknown of the liquid nightclub. I am a outgoing person and love to dance but more often than not, the average adult in there is not in their 20s. However, I certainly would not mind meeting a few ladies.

What would help calm the nerves a little bit, is if anyone can relate to my predicament or knows someone who has gone through/delt with this and hopefully can pass some advice along.

Besides that, what is the general consensus about the nightlife on board the breeze? I just started really looking at the reviews, so any tips/pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

Edited by DiehardFF

Go to the nightclub, dance a Lil bit, mingle a Lil bit. There should be plenty of other young adults there as well.

I has this same predicament at one time. I loved my O2 experience. And so on my first cruise when I was 18, I sneaked in to O2, but I had to show my ID and was kicked out. So I gave the nightclub a try. It was fun, I stayed away from the old folks who had no business being in the club, and was able to find some cool people my age to hang with.

You're growing up, embrace the fact that you're 18. Don't run from it

Thanks QJenk.

I was on the NCL Breakaway last year and I snuck into the nightclub, it was a lot of fun, expect we were docked like a hotel for 5 days, so it was never fully crowded. Carnival is definitely more party party than NCL. Although, I wish I could redo the cruise last year, expect be 18 since you can drink in Bermuda and whenever you want. At least at all the ports, I can stop by the bar.

Edited by DiehardFF

Welcome to "adult-hood!" The Breeze had a meet and mingle for 18-20 year olds when we were on her 2x. My dd had also just graduated (at 18) and went to them and met some people to hang with. Also - every time she went into a hot-tub she was immediately surrounded by young males!:eek::p It was pretty funny - more to us than her. She really was not a "clubber" and actually spent a lot of time with us, which kind of shocked us. (guess the reality of going off to college in another state was on her mind, and she wanted some family time.) She enjoyed learning and playing blackjack with her dad, and actually came in 2nd in the bj tourney. She has been cruising with us since age 4, and had 12 CCL cruises under her belt before 18. If I were you, I would also check out club o2 - I think you will find others your age there who just graduated. But also definitely check the Funtimes for the meet and mingle.

Most of those your age will not be in o2, and will be doing their own thing with those of similar ages, which include going to the nightclub at night, and having a good time. From experience with those is my family of your age, they also tend to make friends easily, and prefer hanging out with their friends than with the family, except the mandated family times like dinner. I think you'll be able to figure things out with what to do once onboard, and will have a great time. Enjoy your cruise!!!!

So I gave the nightclub a try. It was fun, I stayed away from the old folks who had no business being in the club, and was able to find some cool people my age to hang with.

Try not to take offense or feel uncomfortable around older people in a night club. It's a fun activity no matter how old you are. It's a great place to enjoy the music, atmosphere, and socializing! Last time I saw a woman in her 60's dancing better than people half her age. Strike up a conversation with them next time, you might hear some interesting stories :)

Also, check to see if the roll-call for your sailing is having a meet and greet and join in the chatter of the roll-call.

Our experience (DD is 20) is the roll-call meet and greet was a great place to have the 18-20 year olds initially find each other. On the Valor last month, the 18-20 year old ship sponsored meet and greet was a bust with only my DD showing up.

Enjoy your cruise.

Try not to take offense or feel uncomfortable around older people in a night club. It's a fun activity no matter how old you are. It's a great place to enjoy the music, atmosphere, and socializing! Last time I saw a woman in her 60's dancing better than people half her age. Strike up a conversation with them next time, you might hear some interesting stories :)

I need a like button. Last cruise, there was a group of elderly folks who were a blast. One lady kept going back to her cabin for "iced tea". Another lady told a hilarious story about her husband at a NYE party.

Everybody "belongs" in the night club.

This coming from an old almost 30 year old :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to come up with a title that would capture the scope of my questions haha.

Anyways, this will be my 4th carnival cruise this weekend(9th overall) and first time on one of carnivals newest ships. I just turned 18 this year and am rather a little unsure on how I think the week will go lol. I am traveling with my family. The biggest question I have is whether to make a effort to join club o2(just graduated HS this month) as I absolutely it on prior cruises plus I made a lot of friends or do I go into the unknown of the liquid nightclub. I am a outgoing person and love to dance but more often than not, the average adult in there is not in their 20s. However, I certainly would not mind meeting a few ladies.

What would help calm the nerves a little bit, is if anyone can relate to my predicament or knows someone who has gone through/delt with this and hopefully can pass some advice along.

Besides that, what is the general consensus about the nightlife on board the breeze? I just started really looking at the reviews, so any tips/pointers would be much appreciated.

Thanks! :)

You can meet people of all ages in the club and at other activities on the ship--young and young at heart. I say try a few activities out including the club and see if you feel comfortable and if the atmosphere interests you. If you don't feel comfortable somewhere, you can always go try something else. There's always plenty to do. And maybe you'll make a few friends that you can hang out with during your cruise. Just relax, be yourself, and have fun. For example, you can talk to people your age in the swimming pool during the day and see if you make friends with any of them. Then you can hang out with them at night.

Have a great cruise. Happy belated 18th birthday!