Help choosing a ship!

Well, it's been 6 years since my last cruise and the date we are looking at for the next one is March 2015 so by then it will be 7 years in between. I can't believe it's been so long but I was having 3 kids and life was on a different path.

Anyway, we are looking to take my Dad on a cruise for his 60th Birthday March 2015. I am asking for help because the last ship I was on was Royal Caribbean Liberty of the Seas in 2008. We are a party of 9 including 6 adults and 3 kids. Does anyone have any recommendations on ships that are good for families and young kids (besides Disney).

We were looking at Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas or Norwegian Epic. Has anyone been on either of these ships? What do you think?

Thanks so much for any help! :D:D

Allure is a fabulous ship IMHO and there are many different activities for children and adults. Royal Caribbean is my favorite cruiseline and Allure and Oasis are my favorite ships becasue there is always something for everyone to do. The parades alone (2 or more per week) are unbelievable. There are also the Shrek characters and the merry-go-round and games in addition to the kids area. I hope we can take our 4 y/o granddaughter on one of these ships soon. For adults, there are musical performances in Central Park, lots of food chocies, and many other activities--but one can also sit in Central Park and enjoy the birds, flowers and greenery. Although some people say the ship is crowded, we did not have that experience at all, except when the theater lets out, for example.

I hope you enjoy whatever you choose.