Tea Time questions

Hi all. I am wondering about tea time.

#1 Is there an option to sit with others? I will most likely being going by myself and it would be fun to meet some other people. (My husband is an introvert so we do ATD with a table for 2.)

If not, on the Freedom, will it be in a dining room with windows? Sitting alone by a window sounds nice too.

#2 Do you have a choice of teas? Went on Princess and it was just in a big pot they brought around. Pretty sure it was Lipton. It was bad. I'm hoping for tea bags and hot water.

Edited by momof3cruisers

#1 Is there an option to sit with others? I will most likely being going by myself and it would be fun to meet some other people. (My husband is an introvert so we do ATD with a table for 2.)

If not, on the Freedom, will it be in a dining room with windows? Sitting alone by a window sounds nice too.

#2 Do you have a choice of teas? Went on Princess and it was just in a big pot they brought around. Pretty sure it was Lipton. It was bad. I'm hoping for tea bags and hot water.

Its usually upstairs in the dining room. Yes many times they will seat you with others as they do when you got to the dining room for lunch.

They had coffee and tea and they come around with carts of cakes and finger food.

Hi! I always do tea time and we've always been sat right beside whoever else is attending tea time. It's been a fun way to meet some other passengers and chat. They typically have an assortment of tea bags and you can choose your flavor. Enjoy! Tea time has always been one of my favorite things on the ship to do. :)

1) You will be able to sit with others. Some ships do open seating, whereas others have a hostess/host to seat you.

2) Yes, you get to chose your own tea and you get your very own little tea pot of hot water to stoke it in. There is a variety of tea in a box that is brought around--my wife usually ends up with Earl Grey.

We always make sure to go to tea time. It's one of our favorite things. My 19 year old makes sure that is one of our meet up times on sea days. It is at 3pm. We've had it in the dining room and in the piano bar, depending on the ship. They bring around the wooden case with about 10 different types of tea (Bigelow) and hot water. Then their is the cart with all the wonderful treats - cucumber sandwiches, macaroons, chocolate cake, fruit tarts, etc. Make sure you have an early lunch, or just have brunch beforehand.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Edited by cbCRR

They served tea on the conquest from 3 to4 last sept. And there was a selection of various teas to pick from.

You were seated at a table with others too.

I think the times were posted in the daily handouts and it was on sea days only.

On the Paradise it was held in a small bar. They came around with a pot of hot water and a box of tea bags to choose from. There was also coffee available if requested. Everything on the cart was amazing!

In this particular bar, there were only tiny tables but they were close together so it was easy to strike up conversation with others.

It was my favorite thing to do on sea days!

Carnival Paradise April 2014

Allure of the Seas November 2014

Edited by Jenhem31

1) You will be able to sit with others. Some ships do open seating, whereas others have a hostess/host to seat you.

2) Yes, you get to chose your own tea and you get your very own little tea pot of hot water to stoke it in. There is a variety of tea in a box that is brought around--my wife usually ends up with Earl Grey.

I usually end up with Earl Grey too...because when people ask what I'm drinking, I like putting on my very best Proper British accent and saying, "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."

Sometimes they get the joke..sometimes not and I have to explain.:D

I usually end up with Earl Grey too...because when people ask what I'm drinking, I like putting on my very best Proper British accent and saying, "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."

Got it! :p

Okay - to the poster with the pictures......STOP IT!!!! :D:D It's bad enough I have to wait 6 months until my cruises, but you are making it more difficult by showing pictures of what I have to wait those 6 months to enjoy.

I get it! I even laughed out loud. (I usually say that too when I order Earl Grey.)

I get it! I even laughed out loud. (I usually say that too when I order Earl Grey.)

We also say it that way--usually people look at us awkwardly. I tried posting a Youtube video, but the link won't embed using CC's feature.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

I love tea time on Carnival. The other cruise lines don't seem to do it any more.

However I hate the tea bag slopping in the saucer scenario and prefer the tea pots and always ask for one.

Cucumber sandwiches, smoked salmon open sandwiches, scones, macaroons, little tartlets all delicious.

Carnival has it on all sea days usually 3pm.

Sometimes the upstairs in the MDR is used and they fill up tables as people enter.

Edited by maryann2