Booking cabins on Splendida

cruise1804

Hi all,

Have just received a good price for MSC next year, we are looking to book two cabins, one balcony and one inside, opposite each other, kids in inside cabin. However have just found out MSC don't assign cabin numbers when booking. TA said they can request certain cabins but only guarantee class.

Just wondered if anyone found you did get cabin asked for or is it worth the risk? I just don't think I can as wouldn't relax if kids were not near us. TA said they don't have connecting cabins or can't guarantee these either. Cruise is a good price but I just don't think I could stand the worry of the kids not being opposite. Have always been with Royal Caribbean before, connecting balconies but feel kids old enough now to have there own inside cabin, thus being better financially/allowing us to go on holiday.

Any information would be great.

Hi

Can anyone help? There must be other people who have traveled with kids that have come up against this problem with MSC not giving cabin numbers? What did you do? Or am I posting in wrong area? Thought better to put on MSC thread rather then family forum?

Regards

There are definitely connecting cabins on the Splendida from decks 9 upwards to 13. However you can't get one if you want one to be a balcony and the other an inside.

Sometimes cabins are sold on a guarantee basis, sometimes you get to choose your cabin (although they can be changed).

I think if you try a mock booking on the website, you get to book cabins that way.

I've no personal experience of booking more than one cabin.

You can choose your cabins if those are available unless those are guarantee cabins (=low price and therefor no choice). I did that in Belgium don't know how that works in the UK.

Thank you for replies, I called MSC and they confirmed they CAN NOT give me cabin numbers for cruise. Lady I spoke to was really helpful and said she was 95% sure we would be together if we booked through MSC and she put request in. However I couldn't take 5% risk that we wouldn't get cabins together. She told me they don't give cabin numbers as they let people embark and disembark at different stops along the cruise, unlike most other cruises where you get on at one place and go back there 7 days later.

It's such a shame as we would have definitely booked this cruise as itinery and ship looked fantastic. I hope they change this policy (if they can) as it will be quite a few years in the future before we could book two cabins with not worrying that they are together. :( :(

they confirmed they CAN NOT give me cabin numbers for cruise.

Strange!! i've specified my cabin number on every cruise I've had with MSC (10 cruises) and apart from being upgraded once always got the cabin I specified.

I live in Argentina but I booked an October cruise on Fantasia through a US online agency (cruisedotcom) that permits me to see all cabins available and choose whichever I prefer. I suggest you try a mock booking, see how it goes...

She told me they don't give cabin numbers as they let people embark and disembark at different stops along the cruise, unlike most other cruises where you get on at one place and go back there 7 days later.

:(

The ability to join at any port was how we ended up on Splendida last year - we were trying to make something fit in with a conference I was attending in Europe and needed the flexibility. I can see how it would be difficult for them to allow specific rooms to be booked - if you booked for one week in port A and then somebody else booked it out of port B the next week, the room would sit empty for a night between trips and be unable to be booked. Their need to control their room inventory unfortunately leaves you without the security you need in order to make the booking.