Vision of the seas bad????

teltrainer......Thanks! Yes....cruising is a lifestyle that we enjoy. Instead of owning a beach house, or a timeshare.....we just cruise as much as possible. Doing the reviews that I do is a lot of fun for me.

Karen.....I will do my best to find out who the new Captain will be. They are kind of tight lipped about that sort of thing sometimes! Love Capt. Lis, though......she has always been very nice to us.

Mary.....Thanks so much. You will love Bermuda!!

I was one of the posters that had some negative views about the Vision. Out of all our cruises this is only the second time this has happened.

I realize that alot of cruisers have had good experiences. My views were my personal experience. Should I not share it.? But, because I have(and some others), it has been called "Vision Bashing".

Is this forum only for good reviews?

I was one of the posters that had some negative views about the Vision. Out of all our cruises this is only the second time this has happened.

I realize that alot of cruisers have had good experiences. My views were my personal experience. Should I not share it.? But, because I have(and some others), it has been called "Vision Bashing".

This is an excellent point. Please, continue to be honest in your reviews without worrying about hurt feelings! I know I appreciate ALL types of reviews and experiences when I read!

Oh no!.....Not at all. I have certainly had my share of gripes. (Mud Pie comes to mind!) I guess there were just so many negatives all at once.... and another one just appeared a few minutes ago.....it just bothered me. I'll be quiet now.

Leave Vision alone. Just go and temper your expectations. I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised. This is the approach I will be using as I sail Vision for the first time. I will be totally objective and observe for myself how everything stacks up to what I expect from RCL. I love all classes of ships- they each have their purpose.

My views were my personal experience. Should I not share it.? But, because I have(and some others), it has been called "Vision Bashing".

Not At All!

I do Live Reports from our cruises and I like to be able to say good things. Unfortunately, I am not always able to do so.

Things do go wrong and we do encounter employees who do not meet our expectations.

I try to be positive when I can but tell the truth when things are not up to my standards.

After reading so many negative reviews about Vision, I was apprehensive about our cruise on her next September. We are scheduled for a 12 cruise in the Med. Am I worried? No. Am I going to cancel? Absolutely not.

I usually learn something of value from reading the negative reviews and welcome them for that reason. I have also read many good reviews about Vision. Jane (Max'smom) wrote a great one not long ago.

We will go with an open mind and a good attitude. There is no such thing as a perfect vacation whether it is on land or sea.

Happy cruising everyone!

Edited by JimAOk1945

As one of those who bashed the bar service on the Vision Memorial Day cruise, nothing would make me happier than to know that RCL heard the complaints and responded with better bar service, or more bartenders. It's a great ship for friends and family who want to share good times. It's also a great ship for readers - in addition to the quiet deck with lounge chairs facing the sea, there are comfy indoor sitting areas on every level of the Centrum, my favorite space on the ship. Booked to go back in October and I can't wait.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

As one of those who bashed the bar service on the Vision Memorial Day cruise, nothing would make me happier than to know that RCL heard the complaints and responded with better bar service, or more bartenders. It's a great ship for friends and family who want to share good times. It's also a great ship for readers - in addition to the quiet deck with lounge chairs facing the sea, there are comfy indoor sitting areas on every level of the Centrum, my favorite space on the ship. Booked to go back in October and I can't wait.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I am sorry that you had poor service, but yes I do hope that by all of you bringing to everyone's attention it has been addressed. There is a difference between whining and pointing out issues.

As another poster said keep all reviews coming, they all help out the future Vision cruisers in one way or another.

Here you go Peggy:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2043439

It's a very small group but picking up steam. There won't be a Meet and Mingle, but we can certainly arrange a time to meet up. Will look forward to it.

Keensurfer.....you are so right......a great ship for reading......my favorite thing to do on board!

From what I can tell, with a little communication with a crew member.....they are aware of the situation and things are improving.

Here you go Peggy:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2043439

It's a very small group but picking up steam. There won't be a Meet and Mingle' date=' but we can certainly arrange a time to meet up. Will look forward to it.

Keensurfer.....you are so right......a great ship for reading......my favorite thing to do on board!

From what I can tell, with a little communication with a crew member.....they are aware of the situation and things are improving.

How about the Some Enchanted Evening lounge, right next to the Diamond Lounge on Deck 6; 7/28, 5pm? I'm the blonde wearing the purple jacket!

Happy to hear the Food and Bev Manager got the message about the bar service!

Question for any of you that were on Vision....

According to a recent compass someone posted it states that the coffee place opens at 7am.....Do they have help yourself coffee out before 7am like the other ships?

I would hate to have to wait until 7am for a cup of coffee...:eek:

Question for any of you that were on Vision....

According to a recent compass someone posted it states that the coffee place opens at 7am.....Do they have help yourself coffee out before 7am like the other ships?

I would hate to have to wait until 7am for a cup of coffee...:eek:

Park Cafe has a self-service beverage area. Plus, there is always room service.

How about the Some Enchanted Evening lounge, right next to the Diamond Lounge on Deck 6; 7/28, 5pm? I'm the blonde wearing the purple jacket!

Happy to hear the Food and Bev Manager got the message about the bar service!

LOL!! Peggy....that's my nap time!! :D Come on over to the roll call and we will discuss it there!