Tankini for Large busted women

obladi1

I have two tankin's that worked well, found both at Penney's a year ago - Unfortunately I need to lose a few pounds to get back into them - but I am a 38-40 DD or DDD - and support is always an issue .... hopefully they will still be in fashion for the next cruise (and that they will fit by then). Jan

I have several tankinis, and I love them to death. But I have yet to find a 2 piece bathing suit that provides the kind of support I would like. They do the trick, but I wouldn't want to be doing anything too active wearing one.

I have a tankini that provides fairly good support. It has the inner soft cup bra and double straps. It doesn't exactly make me look "perky" but I aint drooping either :D The style is actually quite flattering as I purchased the top and bottom separatly and was able to get a larger size for the top and a smaller size for my bottom. I wish i knew who made it because I'd buy 5 more the same ;)

Which lands end styles fit well??

I have had at least three Land's End suits and they all fit well. They call their suits the "Tugless Tank" for the 1-piece style because you aren't constantly pulling the suit down at your rear.

Visit their site and click on Women's, then Swimwear. They provide all sorts of options from Tankinis to Underwire models to further narrow down your search.

I have one similar to this: http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/0,,1_2_1930_10433_120480_98927_5:view=593,00.html?CM_MERCH=PAGE_10433&sid=2286141173465124061

which I bought because I do pool aerobics classes and I didn't want to risk falling out the top and it supports me very well, keeping everything in place.

Thank you everyone for all your help but can you be a little more specific about which Landsend suit style are good. I wear a size 8 on the bottom and a 36DD on top so separates may work best

Tara Grinna sells suits exactly like this, bra size on top, regular size on bottom.

Obladi1-

If you haven't been to the Lands End website-go. They have a whole section devoted to what type swimwear is best for what type body. They have all kinds of tops with different support options: underwires,full support bras, and shelf bras which provide the least support. They also offer, in my opinion, a very good selection of mix and match sepaprates, so you can buy one size top and another bottom. It is hard to recommend a style for you, because I am not large-busted, so I don't have any first hand knowledge of those styles. Good luck!

Archived