Been a rough time between cruises! Finally time again - Explorer Hump Balcony 7624

Hi all! So my last cruise was a wonderful 10 day cruise with family while my bf stayed at home. I roomed with my parents and they snored all night, there was no balcony to retreat to and they never really got out of the cabin much. Needless to say, as the only singleton on the cruise this one was much different than my others. I'm a 'breakfast on the hump balcony, room service and movie night' kind of cruiser so getting an oceanview on deck 2 with my parents was tough. Not having someone to exclusively spend my time with was interesting as well. On top of everything, when I got home I found out my guy of 10 years cheated and we broke up. So, not the best cruise outcome. Typically I do a great, detailed review with pictures and I couldn't even pull myself together to finish it. Sooooo....I think its finally time to get back on that ship!

My friend has never cruised and is going through a divorce. So, I thought what better way to celebrate than a cruise? I wanted to start smallish for her, in case she hates it. We are doing Explorer at Port Canaveral Jan 24 for a 6 day cruise. We hit Freeport and Cozumel. We will stay for two days before in Florida. She is a thrifty kind of person, I promised myself to never stay in anything less than a balcony again, lol, so I scored the Balcony Hump 7624 on the BOGO sale which saved me $300. We are splitting the cost, so it's a great deal for us. I've searched for this cabin number and didn't see much. Anyone have any opinions for me? I really, really want to make this great for her. She is much more relaxed and less of a planner than me, so I have to pace myself... :D

Hi luckyprincess. I appreciate we're all here on CC to help and support each other but can I suggest that you maybe reflect on the amount of personal information you've shared on this thread about you and other people.

The Internet is a big wide tool for good and bad and you don't know who is seeing such personal information. All I'm asking is that you reflect on how much you initially share with people just to protect yourself.

Hope you didn't mind me saying this.

Happy cruising :-)

Haven't seen you in a while...welcome back! You will have a fabulous time with your newbie cruiser friend:).

We will be taking some new cruisers along with us in December and my goal is not to overshare...let them experience it themselves and only offer advice when asked...going to be tough !!!

If she is slower paced you have to make yourself slow down. Maybe let her sleep in the mornings while you do something. I travelled with a friend once and she was so sloooooow. I couldn't believe that people could take so long to get ready every day.

Hi luckyprincess. I appreciate we're all here on CC to help and support each other but can I suggest that you maybe reflect on the amount of personal information you've shared on this thread about you and other people.

The Internet is a big wide tool for good and bad and you don't know who is seeing such personal information. All I'm asking is that you reflect on how much you initially share with people just to protect yourself.

Hope you didn't mind me saying this.

Happy cruising :-)

Thanks for your concern but I don't think you knowing that my bf and I broke up and my friend is on a cruise for the first time is too identifying lol. Don't worry - I'm not new to the internet :P But thank you for your concern. :)

Haven't seen you in a while...welcome back! You will have a fabulous time with your newbie cruiser friend:).

We will be taking some new cruisers along with us in December and my goal is not to overshare...let them experience it themselves and only offer advice when asked...going to be tough !!!

Thanks Wilda!! Nice to see you here! Yes!! Letting her experience for herself is going to be so great to watch but so HARD to do!! Lol

If she is slower paced you have to make yourself slow down. Maybe let her sleep in the mornings while you do something. I travelled with a friend once and she was so sloooooow. I couldn't believe that people could take so long to get ready every day.

Lol, yes and she has told me already to not schedule her every minute :p I'm the same way - I like to get up and get going, especially on vacay! But I think I'll be using the mornings to keep occupied, like you suggested! I wish they had more morning activities...or maybe they do and I haven't noticed. Off to search some compass'!