3 questions about Royal

Nan-L

I've been thinking of going on Royal.

I've heard 2 things I can confirm

1) charge for room service?? which is why I haven't booked this ship or Regal yet.

2) above Rai says there's a Hydo pool in spa, but looking at deck plans I don't see one..is there one?

3) what is that spot in back of ship on Sun deck next to kids play area?

1) charge for room service?? which is why I haven't booked this ship or Regal yet.

2) above Rai says there's a Hydo pool in spa, but looking at deck plans I don't see one..is there one?

The aft area of the Sun deck is a smoking area. It is walled off from the children's play area. The area has tables and chairs under a roof and loungers out in the open. In the mornings there is free coffee available there. Later in the day, there is a bar set up to sell beer.

Of the 8 Princess ships I have sailed on, if you are a cigarette smoker, this area on the Royal is the best outdoor smoking area. If you are not a smoker, there are many better places for lounging in the sun.

1) They tried implementing a charge for room service on the Regal, but pulled back from that (at least for now) after a large number of complaints.

2) The Hydro Pool is in the Enclave (expanded Thermal Suite) forward on Plaza deck (5). It's not shown but it is there. I believe the fee is $39/day.

3) On the Regal, that area on the Sun deck (17) is where the new aft pool was added. Don't know if the smoking rules have change there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by IECalCruiser

thank you all sooo much.

I've put off booking on the last 2 ships because of the charges for room service, glad they got that we are not going to pay for that..the pizza has always had a charge so it's not a problem.

Thanks for letting me know about the hydro pool. I love this on Holland and was so glad to see they were putting it on the Royal, although why they have the spa at the bottom of the ship is insane. I love Holland and looking at the sea when in the spa!!

So they have added an apt pool back to the Regal?? That was my favorite place to lay out and enjoy.

Does the Regal have a hydro pool too?

Again thank for all the info.

WOW, that is even smaller than the pool that was on the top above the aft pool.

So we lost a good sized pool, this is not what I envisioned at all!!!!

I still go to the older ships because of this, have a cruise on Caribbean Prince in Jan. But looking for something in Nov.

In the Lotus Spa there is the Enclave. I went over there and ask to see it.

They said only 40 people are allowed to book it. The spa on the Royal seems like a dark dungeon area. Lots of black everywhere. Quite gloomy the design.

I would not spend extra to book this small area with the hydro pool.

In the Lotus Spa there is the Enclave. I went over there and ask to see it.

They said only 40 people are allowed to book it. The spa on the Royal seems like a dark dungeon area. Lots of black everywhere. Quite gloomy the design.

I would not spend extra to book this small area with the hydro pool.

A dungeon? Looked fine to me...

11274812235_05194fed07_c.jpg

11274809695_39b8017bb3_c.jpg

The steam rooms...

11274963213_2bc19a6483_c.jpg

11274963223_8c210e0c9b_c.jpg

11274964173_77d41c3993_c.jpg