Price of the Sanctuary

Cruzin19792014

Do you still have to run down to area to reserve for the whole cruise or can you do it on line now?

I hate that part of it, makes for a very un-relaxing afternoon till you can get there and HOPEFULLY they will still have openings.

I stopped trying because of this.

Does anyone know how much it costs to reserve a seat in the Sanctuary? We are going on the CB in two weeks and are trying to get an idea.

Thanks

Are you interested for the cruise duration or just a day here and there? Unless you are Elite or Platinum (Or staying in a suite) it may be difficult to get cruise duration passes. When we traveled this past spring on the Emerald there were 300+ Elites, and 900 Platinum's. We were the first Platinum's on board not traveling with a suite or an Elite guest, and got two of the last spaces for cruise duration. It is $30 pp a day if you get for the cruise duration, but the don't charge for the day you embark. To get a spot for the day you need to get up early, very early on a sea day and go to the Sanctuary and wait in line. On the first sea day of our last cruise the line started forming at 6 am, and by 7 am there were about 8 people in line.

We sail on the Caribbean Princess next month, and I'm hoping there won't be so many Elites/Platinum's on the cruise.

Please come back to the boards and let us know how it worked out for you.

As far as getting a break on price if you book for the entire cruise, don't be surprised if there is no break. When we booked the Sanctuary for the entire cruise on the Emerald in 2013, we paid full price for each day. We asked about the discount price and were told it was not available :-( After reading posts on this board afterwards, I also realized we were charged for embarkation day. Wish Princess would bring consistency to onboard pricing!

When we booked the Sanctuary for the entire cruise on the Emerald in 2013, we paid full price for each day.

That was before the increase in price to $40 a day if not booked for the entire cruise.

Unless you are Elite or Platinum (Or staying in a suite) it may be difficult to get cruise duration passes.

I thought it was first come first served. status doesn't matter. I'm elite and on my cb cruise this spring I couldn't get in as we boarded later and it was already booked full.

As far as getting a break on price if you book for the entire cruise, don't be surprised if there is no break. When we booked the Sanctuary for the entire cruise on the Emerald in 2013, we paid full price for each day. We asked about the discount price and were told it was not available :-( After reading posts on this board afterwards, I also realized we were charged for embarkation day. Wish Princess would bring consistency to onboard pricing!
I would have said something to the Passenger Services Desk because I've booked a lounger for the entire cruise on several different ships and have always received the break. It had nothing to do with the price increase.
I thought it was first come first served. status doesn't matter. I'm elite and on my cb cruise this spring I couldn't get in as we boarded later and it was already booked full.
It is first come first served but on some cruises, there are a lot of passengers doing B2Bs and/or there might be a lot of Platinum and Elite passengers who are the first to board. If the cruise has a lot of Platinum/Elite, you'd have to be among the first group to board. I've taken cruises when the Platinum/ Elite were 30-50% of all passengers. Edited by Pam in CA

If you have someone taking you to port, a family member, a friend who would like to see the ship then you can have them or yourself book the BVE for them. Allowing them to board for 4 hours. You board with them and you board right after wedding parties. You can find the BVE information on the Princess website. We have it booked for our daughter in Oct. First stop, is to book the sanctuary.

That was before the increase in price to $40 a day if not booked for the entire cruise.

Nope. I had read many posts before we boarded saying there was a reduced price for booking for the entire cruise. Some were even from the same ship - Emerald. But I couldn't get them to budge. We still enjoyed our time in the Sanctuary. I don't have a problem paying for anything at the standard rate. Just seems that sometimes on Princess there is no standard, it depends on the ship and which cruise you are on:D