Trying to understand the Haven Guarantee

English101

From a "mock booking"

How exactly does a haven guarantee work? I am already booked (4 of us in an Aft-facing suite--H6) but was just curious about deals in other categories. Also, this may help others who may be looking to do this. I would assume Someone (let's call them the X Family. Lol :cool:) could book the fwd-facing (H7) guarantee and pay $1149 for 1st and 2nd (3&4 for KSF promo). I KNOW there is only 1 H7 that sleeps 4, and I also know that all of the H6s are booked. Could this mean that family X would be put into a 2 bedroom suite (H4), since those ARE still available? This is assuming the H7 for 4 is booked. I'm going to assume this is where the "upgrade fairy" comes into play....probably calling those in the H7 and H6 suites to upgrade them to the H4s, and family X being put in those [now available H7 or H6] suites. Of course if the upgrade fairy calls me, I'm definitely NOT giving up my H6 with HUGE balcony!

From the NCL site:

Stateroom # Guarantee

The Haven GuaranteeAvg Per Person

$1149

Norwegians get great deals. Save when you choose a Guarantee Stateroom (GTY) and we'll pick your cabin for you - an awesome way to get more bang for your buck. Guarantees ensure your stateroom category or BETTER for the lowest fare.

A Guarantee is a great opportunity to save, but does not mean you will always receive an upgrade or an unobstructed stateroom view.

Once you book, we'll assign your cabin number sometime after final payment has been received, up to the day of sailing.

But why isn't the price $1149 for 1st and 2nd???

Pricing Details

Item Guest 1 Guest 2 Guest 3 Guest 4

Cruise Fare $2,299.00 $2,299.00 $0.00 $0.00

Gov't Taxes,

Fees & Port

Expenses $134.67 $134.67 $134.67 $134.67

Total per Guest $2,433.67 $2,433.67 $134.67 $134.67

Payment Schedule

Balance Due $5,136.68

Final Payment $5,136.68

Final Payment Date Jul 07,2014 23:59 PM EDT View Cancellation Policies

This is SLIGHTLY cheaper than what we paid but I DO NOT want to be in that H7 and I'm not changing my reservation. I just wonder how things work. :rolleyes:

An "average" price is never going to be truly reflective of the actual price you pay, it's just designed to get you interested. Having said that $1,149 per person for Haven is ridiculous, I have seen $1,800 but that was the lowest and certainly not an average.

Personally I want to choose my cabin, it makes a huge difference (for me) to be on deck 16 forward and not deck 15 further aft.

I ignored the GTY and chose my own suite, a couple of hundred bucks really isn't that much in the grand scheme of things.

The average pp price is based on 4. It doesn't mean that the 1st two cruisers pay $1149. If you do a search for a cabin for 2, the pp price will be $2299, if you do a search for a cabin for 3, they will take the total and divide that by 3 so the price pp will be $1533 or thereabouts; therefore, when you do a search for a cabin for 4, the pp price is $1149. This only applies during KSF promotions. I'm not sure I'm explaining it very well but in my head it makes sense, lol,

^^ exactly.our average price for the haven is only $1000.but that's because there are six of us.the first and second are actually paying $3k each. They show you the average per person in that stateroom.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

The average pp price is based on 4. It doesn't mean that the 1st two cruisers pay $1149. If you do a search for a cabin for 2, the pp price will be $2299, if you do a search for a cabin for 3, they will take the total and divide that by 3 so the price pp will be $1533 or thereabouts; therefore, when you do a search for a cabin for 4, the pp price is $1149. This only applies during KSF promotions. I'm not sure I'm explaining it very well but in my head it makes sense, lol,

Ok. That makes sense.

I didn't think NCL did suite guarantees? :confused:

That is my understanding as well. Over the years, people have seen them on the website but if you actually try to book, it doesn't work. I tried that once when someone had posted a couple years ago and while it did show a guarantee, it wasn't something you could book.