Upgrade Fairy

SDadw01

:(

But it does seem on Brittania they have been overselling cabins at select fare prices , on the assumption that people would/may cancel.

Heavens knows how they will sort this mess out if no one cancels. As someone else has said this would mean people losing their deposits, so why pando are banking on them cancelling heavens knows.

So do we assume all this who have paid a select fare ,but do not actually have a cabin number at the time of booking, will get upgraded?

Cruise lines do overbook because they know that there will be cancellations. I was booked on a Princess ship to sail around the Pacific for 3 weeks. Five days before we were due to fly to Bangkok, my TA phoned and said Princess wanted to know if I would cancel as they were overbooked. In return they would give me full refund and in addition, a free cruise to the same value that I had paid. I was willing to cancel but my DH had a blue fit and made me go. To this day I regret not cancelling:(

We got an email today advising of an upgrade for Oceana sailing 26th Oct.They wanted to move us up a grade to exactly same type of cabin. As we had picked a balcony on a quiet part of A deck,we refused.Fortunately our original cabin was still vacant,so we went back where we wanted to be.Our upgraded cabin was right outside a main stairwell and set of lifts .Plenty of traffic there.

Upgrades,like beauty,are in the eye of the beholder !!

We got an email today advising of an upgrade for Oceana sailing 26th Oct.They wanted to move us up a grade to exactly same type of cabin. As we had picked a balcony on a quiet part of A deck,we refused.Fortunately our original cabin was still vacant,so we went back where we wanted to be.Our upgraded cabin was right outside a main stairwell and set of lifts .Plenty of traffic there.

I was upgraded on Ventura, down 2 decks, but nearer the middle and it was th noisiest cabin ever. I am sure these so called upgrades are cabins people don't want or ones that they know have an issue with them:eek:

As you say in the eye of the beholder. If you have difficulty walking the cabins by the lifts are a boon. We book early ie. first day of booking to ensure we get one of those.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I agree, we have just been offered an up grade to mid ship, highdeck under the pool area but cancelled it quickly as do not want to hear sun beds being dragged about and will stay on c deck, where quiet and balcony larger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

She's been... we've just found out that we've been upgraded, only from NC to NA internal, but its midship on B deck. Can anyone tell me if this is any good. We're about 9 cabins from the main lift area, towards the forward. So excited now :D

I agree, we have just been offered an up grade to mid ship, highdeck under the pool area but cancelled it quickly as do not want to hear sun beds being dragged about and will stay on c deck, where quiet and balcony larger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They are crafty. Probably got lots of people waiting for extended balcony cabins. C deck is our favourite deck on the ships that have the extended balconies 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We're on Ventura in 12 days time and I'm totally thrilled we've just received notification of an upgrade from Balcony to Superior Deluxe Balcony :D so I guess it can happen any time up to departure. Now I need to re print everything!!

We have just had the upgrade fairy.We had a select booking for a ja outside on c deck and have been upgraded to a deluxe outside on c deck.Can anybody tell me what these cabins are like I know that they are bigger but what is the layout of them.We are on the Oriana in six weeks time x425 on the 27th of October.

:p:p

Friends of ours were upgraded to a deluxe outside on c deck on Oriana and it was a lovely cabin. Your 'front door' was in a little alcove and then you entered into a little vestibule. The bathroom door was on the left inside the little hallway.

You moved into a goodsized bedroom area and there was a dividing curtain if you wished to draw it.

Move further down into the room towards the window to the seating area where you had your sofa bed and desk and chairs and tv. You could also curtain off the bedroom area from the seating area. It felt very spacious in there. More like a hotel room than a cabin.

We all liked it and our friends said they would actually like to choose to book that category cabin another time.

Edited by Scriv

• 4 weeks later...

Yey!!! Got an email from the Upgrade fairy yesterday - 6 weeks prior to sailing. Really thrilled.

From Inside High front - Deck B on Aurora to Inside High midship - Deck A. It looks a really good position.

I had booked Select a few months ago and ticked the upgrade box. It is only a 2 nighter, but I am thrilled to bits, especially since I am taking my daughter for her first cruise experience.

Thank you P&O!! Yippee!!!

Edited by Scriv

Yey!!! Got an email from the Upgrade fairy yesterday - 6 weeks prior to sailing. Really thrilled.

From Inside High front - Deck B on Aurora to Inside High midship - Deck A. It looks a really good position.

I had booked Select a few months ago and ticked the upgrade box. It is only a 2 nighter, but I am thrilled to bits, especially since I am taking my daughter for her first cruise experience.

Thank you P&O!! Yippee!!!

Do you know where the swimming pool is?:confused:

From the deckplan, yes... The Riviera pool - not covered, adult only and open from 6 am to 10pm - is on A deck, but I wouldn't think that would affect us mid November to Zeebrugge especially given its opening hours?

Edited by Scriv

Just to add to the mix.

We booked fairly late - in late June for the 23 nighter on Ventura next week. We are unable to book earlier because my wife has cancer checks each 3 months, and the cancer is not covered on our insurance.

We booked Select because we wanted a particular cabin situation and dining preference.

We booked a Superior de luxe balcony on D deck, but have since been upgraded to a penthouse suite, which is beyond our dreams.

Loyalty was mentioned in the phone call we received from P&O, we are Baltic with 3000+ points.

Wow!!!! What a treat! I am so pleased for you Jake and this is really uplifting. It is great to see your loyalty rewarded in such a magnificent way. Make sure you and your wife have a wonderful wonderful time.

PS Does a butler comes with the Penthouse suite???

Edited by Scriv

Wow!!!! What a treat! I am so pleased for you Jake and this is really uplifting. It is great to see your loyalty rewarded in such a magnificent way. Make sure you and your wife have a wonderful wonderful time.

PS Does a butler comes with the Penthouse suite???

Many thanks Scriv.

Yes we will have a butler, but I'm not sure that we'll make use of him, though they are obviously trained.to be of great assistance so I'm sure he will be an asset. It will be an education.

We are obviously looking forward to it all.